Mileage Reporting 36er Week of 2013

and yes Mike, old age does suck. Seems I forget a lot of stuff anymore. Hell, my wife has to take my towel and hang it by the shower every morning before she goes to work (she uses the hanger closest to shower and makes me use the one on the back of the bathroom door) because I forget to move it before I jump in the shower because out of sight out of mind. Then I have to use hers or risk her wrath by getting the floors soaking wet. She doesn't like it when I use her towel... :rolleyes:

Sure, Nick, sure...

Reactions: Bare Lee
3.75 miles on my NEW regular running trail! Sadly, it is not in Forest Park :( I have to cut down on driving, both for the sake of saving time and money, with college starting in just 24 days...yikes!!! So, here it is, 5 minutes from my house and 17 miles long!!! I think that I will have to have a group run on it (and end up alone, of course). It's a combination of chip and seal and gravel, and vascillates back and forth between the two, but has some soft moss and leaves on the side, and is pretty choppy, uneven, and erratic -thank goodness!!! Not barefoot friendly, unless you are Dan. ;)

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM7FVX_Crown_Zellerbach_Trail_Scappoose_Oregon

Nice and woodsy!!!

20130905_130138.jpg

Peeing spot! If you look closely, you can see the toilet paper!

20130905_134403.jpg

Sweet 2.6 miles with my son on a new trail for us. Hard pack sand with a beautiful dusting of pine needles, lots of hills with ruts and jumps. We avoided the soft sand. Bonus points and a lion heart badge for being brave with a new trail. A silver training badge with 2 stars for doing more then 2 miles. The calendar is looking sparkly.

We started by being surprised by army guys carrying a dude on a stretcher, they were training as every runner told us. OK

Then the marines came. Seriously now. So there we were in our bare feet, laughing and smiling and being a great advocate for peace while their shirts said "pain is just weakness leaving the body". Ouch. We went into ninja mode and used barefooting skills to spy on their techniques. We exited our ninja mode then ran down the hill with big smiles in great form.

I felt like a kid and my son said it was his best run ever.

Kind of an exciting day here with an afternoon storm that dumped macadamia nut sized hail, enough to look like a layer of snow on the ground. It was approaching white out at one point. Lots of thunder and lightening and scary wind. A walk at dusk showed that some of my garden is shredded, but I won't really be able to tell how bad it is until the sun comes up tomorrow. Once we were pretty sure the house wasn't going to go under water, my daughter and I rode spin bikes for 60 minutes, then did TrX strength work.

Haven't been very chatty this week, but I still ran !! Tuesday, 12.5km/7.9mi slow run, and today did 11.8km/7.3mi.

I have been busy this week, my mum came over from Switzerland on her first trip to Australia (my daughter is getting married in one week !!!!), and next week my brother in law will be here too, so we'll be busy showing them around, but I still will try to clock in some mileage (now 180km from my yearly target of 1500km)

We post questions and answers ALL THE TIME here that just don't seem to belong anywhere. Mileage thread is a refuge that way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:D good to know.. Just thought, after writing it, that it should have a thread of it's own. So I did made the "pushing the limits"

Yesterday's run for 3 was brilliant. Departed my gate into the dark morning 5am air cheerful. Very 1st street light I come to a bat buzzes my head. Yes it did startle me but since they are on the quite side not too bad. He was chowing down on moths that were gathered their....yum. After my1st mile I found myself gulping for air like a guppy so slowed my pace. At mile 2.5 ish I heard a screecher and was able to get out my phone and record the call all without stopping. That was a first. The usuall was I stopped and got the phone out and by the time I have record on the owl either dozed off or flew off not making a sound..
Once back home I noticed the humidity was a fat 71%

Foot good
Legs good
Mind dirty

Six and a half miles last night after work followed by fifteen mins walk and then some dips and push ups.
Approaching the end of the run a sharp pain on my right arch almost stopped me on my tracks so I finished the run and did the walk. It's very sore to walk still this AM-any ideas?
Calves and shins feel nice and loose. Rolled and massaged last night but couldn't find any specific sore spot.

Thursday, .9 run-commute to office in the morning, then 5.27 run-commute back home in the afternoon, taking a long detour through the U of M's Dinkytown. Lots of pedestrian traffic and looks. I usually run on more residential streets, so I wasn't used to all of the attention. Plus I was running in my street clothes.

One pretty young thing brazenly stared with a big, shit-eating grin on her face, even turning around to keep staring as I passed behind her while she waited for her bus. I felt unusually shy and unsure of how to respond. I guess I'm glad I brought some joy into her life.

Six and a half miles last night after work followed by fifteen mins walk and then some dips and push ups.
Approaching the end of the run a sharp pain on my right arch almost stopped me on my tracks so I finished the run and did the walk. It's very sore to walk still this AM-any ideas?
Calves and shins feel nice and loose. Rolled and massaged last night but couldn't find any specific sore spot.
Do you have a golf ball or a wood roller? I had some weird aches on the bottoms of my feet a few days ago. I've been rolling them good with my wood roller and hard, spiky ball, and that seems to have taken care of it. My arches were particularly tender, which I take as a sign of knots/trigger points. According to reflexology, that's where my digestive organs connect up to, which might explain the fact that I was double-dumping during those days too.

Lee, I have all of that and have done the arch rolling/massage but I think it's too soon to see results.
And BTW you don't strike me as the shy kind but nice you made someone's day.

Kind of an exciting day here with an afternoon storm that dumped macadamia nut sized hail, enough to look like a layer of snow on the ground. It was approaching white out at one point. Lots of thunder and lightening and scary wind. A walk at dusk showed that some of my garden is shredded, but I won't really be able to tell how bad it is until the sun comes up tomorrow. Once we were pretty sure the house wasn't going to go under water, my daughter and I rode spin bikes for 60 minutes, then did TrX strength work.

Oh no! Hopefully not too much damage. We narrowly got missed by a hail storm, but after being gone for 2 weeks, I have plenty of weeds to protect any plants that are left.

In my expert diagnosis, this is a case of old age.:)

Seriously, I hope this is not PF or something torn down there, be careful with that.

In my expert diagnosis, this is a case of old age.:)

Seriously, I hope this is not PF or something torn down there, be careful with that.
You got the right diagnosis me thinks.

Lee, I have all of that and have done the arch rolling/massage but I think it's too soon to see results.
Yah, it took me several days for it to go away, and I still may have a bit of it. I think it was a matter of adapting to the everyday running. In addition to the lower leg and foot rolling/massaging, I think hamstring stretches helped me quite a bit too. Of course, I'm convinced hamstring stretches work as a general cure-all for most everything, so take that advice with a grain of salt.
And BTW you don't strike me as the shy kind but nice you made someone's day.
You're right, I'm not normally that shy, hence my use of the adverb "unusually." Reading comprehension Dama, reading comprehension. I've received smiling approval before, but I guess the length of the smile and the duration of the stare caught me off guard. Did I mention that she was quite attractive? I suppose the sight of a relatively fit grey-haired dude her father's age running barefoot in street clothes near campus at the beginning of fall classes, well, I guess that would merit a lengthy smile of approval. Sometimes I guess we forget what freaks we are outside of this forum.

Ooooookaaayyyyyyyyy then, I was just informed that we(husband and I) are doing a 5K tomorrow I guess he was still on the runners high after his run last night that he decided to surprise me with a race.
I guess he forgot about my arch. Really? what to do, what to do, wait and see how things are tomorrow AM I guess.
That's why you felt "unusually shy" Lee, she way too cute.

back, hips, rolling and massaging. Do you like that Mike?:)
Two things I noticed-the arch does not like it when doing squats and the tendon that runs along and up the big toe is bright red BUT it does not hurt. That's good right?

Reactions: migangelo
Dama, yes, i would like a nice back and hip massage thanks for asking.

did a little 3 run to the park and back with the dogs. got to the park and almost puked. i've been gagging because of the phlegm the last two days but today was worse. great. WD is tomorrow. i hope i can get it all out before the race. did some body weight exercises too.

i also got this big trigger point out of my hammie when i finished running. a little more searching and destroying and i hope to get rid of this longer leg that gives me so many little problems.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon