Mileage Reporting 13th Week of 2013

We usually have these conditions for about 2 weeks or so in the spring.

Still sucks, don't you think? I was looking at the extended forecast and next week we'll be having temps on the 50's and 60's, how sweet is that? Can't wait.

Reactions: happysongbird
WOD
2o minutes of stairs
1 mile cool down run
some pigeon poses, birthing squats and other things.

Sunday: theoretically a rest day, in reality a day of squats and lifting to prep for termite extermination, and also allowed myself a little gardening.

Monday: 75 minutes on spinning bike with power intervals. Decided against the swim because I got the definite feeling I would be overdoing it.

Tuesday: 7.0 miles in my Moc3's because I seem to have a tender toe and places where my soles are freshly cracked. Can still go barefoot walking, but running barefoot sounded stressful. Here are my mile split times, on my 1 mile loop, for the fun of it:

10 minutes - stopped 2 times to let an elderly gentleman get by with his strong, husky size dog. I was afraid that if I passed the dog would lunge and he would land on the pavement. It was already pulling on the leash so hard that I could see how much effort he was exerting. Hopefully he will rethink this ....
8:40
8:39
8:54
8:44
8:45
8:29
It didn't feel easy, and I was pretty noisy with my breathing and self-encouragement effort toward the end. The little 11 year old boys fishing on their spring break didn't appear to have ever seen anything like it....:p, but it was a satisfying accomplishment and I certainly feel good now!

monday night~50 min swim last night while my daughter had her swim lessons at the other end of the pool and my son was in the bleachers talking another mom's ear off when he was supposed to be reading :rolleyes:

tuesday morning: 4.5 mi done around 6am, 20-25 min of abs and weights woven in with minutes of making breakfast, doing housework, and getting myself and the kids ready to go.

tuesday lunch: guessing about a 40 min swim, dragging just a bit from last night's effort, but not too bad

tuesday evening: going to swim lesson in about an hour. hope i don't get worked too hard cuz i'm gettin tired. ;)

It didn't feel easy, and I was pretty noisy with my breathing and self-encouragement effort toward the end. The little 11 year old boys fishing on their spring break didn't appear to have ever seen anything like it....:p, but it was a satisfying accomplishment and I certainly feel good now!

Times to be proud of! Nice! I must admit to a little envy. Be proud of your effort!
:)

Sunday: theoretically a rest day, in reality a day of squats and lifting to prep for termite extermination, and also allowed myself a little gardening.

Monday: 75 minutes on spinning bike with power intervals. Decided against the swim because I got the definite feeling I would be overdoing it.

Tuesday: 7.0 miles in my Moc3's because I seem to have a tender toe and places where my soles are freshly cracked. Can still go barefoot walking, but running barefoot sounded stressful. Here are my mile split times, on my 1 mile loop, for the fun of it:

10 minutes - stopped 2 times to let an elderly gentleman get by with his strong, husky size dog. I was afraid that if I passed the dog would lunge and he would land on the pavement. It was already pulling on the leash so hard that I could see how much effort he was exerting. Hopefully he will rethink this ....

Awesome times you got there, nice job!

monday night~50 min swim last night while my daughter had her swim lessons at the other end of the pool and my son was in the bleachers talking another mom's ear off when he was supposed to be reading :rolleyes:

tuesday morning: 4.5 mi done around 6am, 20-25 min of abs and weights woven in with minutes of making breakfast, doing housework, and getting myself and the kids ready to go.

tuesday lunch: guessing about a 40 min swim, dragging just a bit from last night's effort, but not too bad

tuesday evening: going to swim lesson in about an hour. hope i don't get worked too hard cuz i'm gettin tired. ;)

Too much working out me thinks, for me anyways. Have fun!

Finally a uneventful run of 3 miles, no bonking and no swimming in puddles. It was still to wet to take of shoes though, was thinking about it though. A high of -5C and only a windchill of -8C, felt warmer, got to love solar heating. :)
Yeah, swimming is much more fun in a heated pool!

Reactions: dutchie53
Today I ran 8.3km (5.2mi) at a pace (5'30"/km) where I feel really comfortable, also not wasting too much energy....I remember struggling reaching that pace running shod....Now it is just a matter of increasing the distance regularly...still have the goal to run the half marathon in september

Today I ran 8.3km (5.2mi) at a pace (5'30"/km) where I feel really comfortable, also not wasting too much energy....I remember struggling reaching that pace running shod....Now it is just a matter of increasing the distance regularly...still have the goal to run the half marathon in september

Alright! plenty of time for the half.

I'm trying not to panic about my first half in mid May. I'm still only up to 9.5 miles max.

Reactions: Spiderweb62
I'm trying not to panic about my first half in mid May. I'm still only up to 9.5 miles max.
You'll be fine, you actually don't have to run the distance during your preparation, just log enough miles !!

Still chugging along.
Working on 89 days in a row of running.
Ran 4.11 miles tonight, with a couple of wet and icy kms barefoot.

Will be glad when the ice and snow finally disappear, it will make me so :happy:

How can you stand living on those awful conditions Dutchie? I would be out of Canada in no time ;)
Nice job on the miles and sorry about your a$$ :nurse:

Builds tolerence. Actually running in the 'Peg is fantastic almost all year, these two weeks suck because you don't know whether it is going to freeze or melt but it does makes the runs interesting.

The temps were up in the mid 40's today. Ran my usual 3.2 miles and met a couple ladies walking and have seen them walking before. Judging by the look on their faces its just a matter of time before the comment on my bare feet.
Tried to pick up my pace a bit more than usual just for fun. The pavement was quite cold and one toe was slightly numb but did warm up half way through the run. Temps this morning were around 15F. Apparently the ground is still quite cold from the last cold front. Walked 1 mile after the run. Had a good run. Just glad the temps are to be warming up as I went several days with no run.
Oh, and no nap time to report today. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7