Maybe a new member soon...

sloutre

Barefooters
Aug 7, 2010
My husband has been enjoying running for most of his life.

I'm a new runner. In fact, back in April I would have told people that running is not for me and I don't know how to run. Since then I had a growing interest and appreciation of running, particularly after I started running barefoot.

At home I talked quite a bit about my runs and some of the stories and info I read about barefoot running. I never suggested that he tried barefoot or minimalist running, I think he thinks I'm crazy.

Tonight when my husband returned from his run I discovered that he did the whole run in his windsurfing shoes! On Sunday he took off his shoes and ran (on the grass!!!) for a small looped portion of his run.

I think it's time to share my knowledge and give him advices...I'll start with bending his knees....I think he has sore calves tonight.

Yeah!  Another convert.  Send

Yeah! Another convert. Send him on over!

I wish my hubby would run barefoot with me. He owes me a five mile barefoot run, and he keeps putting it off!

I wouldn't reccomend running

I wouldn't reccomend running in grass. That is a accident waiting to happen and may produce negative results for a new person. We wouldn't want that. Be safe and stay on hard, easy to see debris, surfaces. You can't see debris such as glass shards etc in the grass, you can on pavement or sidewalks.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7