Love it when things like this happen

ajb422

Barefooters
Sep 28, 2010
I went out for a morning bf run and a guy passes me in new VFFs. These things looked so new I was surprised not to see a tag hanging off them. We get to the corner and he stops, stretches breifly, takes off shiny new expensive shoes and turns arounds and runs back home barefoot :-D

i know, the people in VFF's

i know, the people in VFF's seem a lot more aware of people who actually run bare.

Whereas a standard shod runner doesn't aspire to running bare, someone in VFF's just might. So for some of the latter, you're kinda saying "oh, yeah, can you do THIS??" .

Or maybe he was getting

Or maybe he was getting blisters and HAD to take them off.

I'd like to think it was the

I'd like to think it was the first scenario though. ;-)

I've done this, especially

I've done this, especially after this past long winter when my feet got soft, wore my VFF's to start and finished each run with longer and longer BF segments. Also the VFF's need to "break in" . Could be he plans to use them just for rough trails and really wet days. That's when mine see action.

You know...I just wanted to

You know...I just wanted to say (I have primarily run VFF) that the blisters really mean the shoes are too big -or have stretched out cuz they do- and/or they are wet (like if I wash mine and don't completely dry them or get them drenched by stomping through water). Wasn't that interesting? :D

Or if you don't keep those

Or if you don't keep those straps tight enough to secure the shoe to the back of the foot. I did that for the comfort of the top of my feet, but left the heel area loose enough that when they got wet my feet slid around all day... results were not pretty. Now I have to keep them tight enough to keep the heel area tight, but not feel like they're cutting off circulation.

John T.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon