Solved location on map needs refinement

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can add a street without adding your house number, or add a nearby street if you want your marker closer.

Yes, can we go in a bit closer? It shouldn't be giving away people's addresses though, just their city and state, right?

As it is right now when you zoom in all you can you can still fit all of mainland Spain into the map. That is the 51st largest country in the world. It means that all living in Barcelona (5 mio.) will show up as one dot (if they are placed on top of each other). I was not thinking something so close as you could see where people live. More like down to 100km or 5okm on the short side. If people do not want people to know exactly where they live they should not write their address but just their town. My location shows up on the map some 7km from where I live be caurse I only wrote my city.

My test account still shows up underneath mine, so you can't tell there are two people in that area. However, I doubt that there will ever be two barefoot runners that close together, so this is probably a mute point. ;) I moved my marker to a neighboring street, and now I can see both of my markers show up. Just thought you would like to know.

So I would guess with this last experiment, this problem should be solved? Does anyone see our needing to be able to zoom in any closer? I don't, but maybe I'm missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090