Left the Vibrams at home today-5 miles BF!

SamanthaEve, sounds like you're one of those who can transition without problems. Barefoot Gentile was also a veteran runner before taking up BFR, and had no problems transitioning quickly. Like you said, it's a very individual thing, and the secret is to know one's own body, and listen to it, which you clearly already do. I wouldn't over-think this. If you're already doing decent mileage with Vibrams, then the only realy concern is probably building up the plantar skin, and that's the easiest part.

Thanks BareLee:) I think that's good advice and need to hear that sometimes...to not over think it and do what I've been doing and listen to my body and adjust accordingly. It is hard sometimes not to get caught up in the whole set program, but I eventually always find myself tweaking a cookie-cutter program to what I can do. Got another BR run in this week and will work on building that plantar skin! Exciting! Have a great running week!

Yes, when I started playing double bass I would go back and forth between callouses and bloody fingers :eek: But at some
point you get beyond that, my fingers now look pretty normal, but I can play for 2 or 3 hours on those big strings without
any problem... I've often thought the same thing will eventually happen to my feet... Of course, for guitar/bass playing it
took years... sigh :(

I'm running 3-5 mile range now, but the feet still get traumatized in one way or another, just takes some discipline to
keep myself from doing too much.

Keep it up SamanthaEve!

Thanks Jaybird! Wow, that's a long time to build your fingers up for the bass! Congrats on sticking with that and look at you now! I think the 3-5 mile range is good and then will probably stick with that for my shorter runs and then kick off whatever shoes I'm wearing at the end to get more in every week. Looking forward to the journey! Have a great week running:barefoot:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts