Is this a bridge too far?

Here's a current picture of my feet:

photo.php
CIMG0565_zps2b92f8ae.jpg

I've got the three year old daughter excuse, but I have to admit it's a bit of a laugh. I've even walked around the supermarket with these on display and I only felt a little self-conscious. :)

The conversation with the little one was funny - she started with white that barely showed, then a week later she looked at my toes and said "Daddy, you need more nail polish". I said "OK, grab that white stuff". She nodded her head and looked at me in her thoughtful 3-year-old way and said "or maybe you'd like green and purple instead?" It wasn't a question.

I say go for it! :D

Here's a current picture of my feet:
I've got the three year old daughter excuse, but I have to admit it's a bit of a laugh. I've even walked around the supermarket with these on display and I only felt a little self-conscious. :)

Watching Barney is she?

The conversation with the little one was funny - she started with white that barely showed, then a week later she looked at my toes and said "Daddy, you need more nail polish". I said "OK, grab that white stuff". She nodded her head and looked at me in her thoughtful 3-year-old way and said "or maybe you'd like green and purple instead?" It wasn't a question.

That reminds me of the time I was laying on the beach in Thailand and had a mani/pedi forced on me. The joy was afterwards when I had to get to the ATM, which entailed walking through the sand- had to do it without messing up my nice clear coat. Cost me 300THB, it did...

Someday I might do mine in Blue and Yellow in honor of IKEA...

Barefoot running opens you up to doing all kinds of attention whoring stuff. My progression:

Barefoot running > tattoo > huaraches with pink straps > kilt > ultra fueled by chia and Mike's Hard Lemonade > lamb chops and cop mustache > short shorts > full beard > another tat > running in pajama pants > running a 50k in superhero costume > different colored shoes > gardening hat > running naked > handlebar mustache

I'm running out of ideas.

Barefoot running opens you up to doing all kinds of attention whoring stuff. My progression:

Barefoot running > tattoo > huaraches with pink straps > kilt > ultra fueled by chia and Mike's Hard Lemonade > lamb chops and cop mustache > short shorts > full beard > another tat > running in pajama pants > running a 50k in superhero costume > different colored shoes > gardening hat > running naked > handlebar mustache

Running in a wetsuit with a tire dragging behind you to train for Badwater? Granted, the person I knew who did that did it in shoes.

hmmm can't say I would ever have the desire to paint my toenails. Don't care for toe rings either. I do have 3 anklets, 2 of which I wear regularly. The thin one always falls off, haven't figured how to best secure it yet.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1345406569-144579-jpg.742

OKAY, WAIT! HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! HOW DID I MISS THIS BEFORE?! Running NAKED! Seriously?! Got pics? :oops:

Reactions: NickW
ya, i can't believe i missed this too.

i've been threatening for two winters to paint my toenails purple. that way when people ask if my feet are cold i can say yes and show them my purple toes. i at least would get a laugh out of it.

i may get harassed at school a little though so i will try to remember to buy some clear polish today at the very least.

i may get harassed at school a little though so i will try to remember to buy some clear polish today at the very least.

It's funny, the small amount of people that I'd be worried about getting harassment from is my immediate family (which is why the 'nails are not painted green and red right now - heading home for the holidays next weekend...) The rest of the world can go eat a bag of d.........well, they can just go eat a bag of something.... :cool:

I agree. Polish seems a little too much for a guy. Some string or hemp anklets do look really good for dressing up male feet though. I always pick a few up at the beach and wear them for races or training runs.

There is no difference between painted nails or a hemp anklet, it's all just body adornment and it's a perfectly natural and healthy practice that has been going on for thousands of years, wearing either will not make you any less of a man.
What isn't natural or healthy is for your instinct to express yourself to be suppressed.

since i'm in grad school to be a dr, they told us we have to start behaving different and be careful of what we post online. pssh. ya right. the bright painted toe nails will be fine for racing but not for school.

Reactions: jldeleon
Bright colors on guys nails ain't very popular here in the southern US, but I agree with your basic premise.

I live in the south too and don't know of ANY colors that are popular! :p

Personally I like the look of nail polish on guys.

Besides clear, what color looks good on a guy to you (that's living in a red state that is)?

I think it depends on the guy and his personality. I like dark red but also think that the green and purple posted earlier on this thread look nice too.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts