I tried wearing barefoot shoes for two weeks during my workouts

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
I liked this part of the article:

Are barefoot shoes good for you? Definitely, says Ayoub. "You literally strengthen your body from the ground up, from your food musculature to your ankle joints, up to your legs and glutes. As humans, we have the physiological capability to run barefoot, but we've been wearing supportive and restrictive footwear from an early age. Our bodies have adapted and we've ended up with weaker, more injury-prone anatomies," he says. "Barefoot running [and walking], when done with the correct form can begin to correct this and optimise our overall performance."

I found this even in the short time I was testing out my barefoot trainers. My running technique improved and I shifted the impact away from my knees and hips and felt the previously-neglected parts of my body begin to strengthen

I work out at home. My weights aren't any bigger than dumbbells (for example, chest press is a 20# weight in each hand). I've never worn shoes when I work out. Same with my stationary bike. The nicest thing about working out at home is that no one can hassle me or kick me out because I'm barefoot. 😁

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I work out at home. My weights aren't any bigger than dumbbells (for example, chest press is a 20# weight in each hand). I've never worn shoes when I work out. Same with my stationary bike. The nicest thing about working out at home is that no one can hassle me or kick me out because I'm barefoot. 😁
I workout at home completely barefoot too. It is my morning freedom before I have to go into work since I also drive to work barefoot (46 minute drive).

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7