I really did need a good laugh tonight

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
"Because the soles allow the heel to drop down too far, heel spurs and plantar fasciitis can develop."

"Open-toed shoes, like flip-flops, not only deny your ankle the support it needs, they can leave your foot vulnerable to protruding thorns and sticks. Because of these natural obstacles, Pitlosh advises closed-toe shoes whenever possible."

"Getting a new pair of shoes means your older ones get a new function. Instead of wearing flip-flops to the beach, an older pair of shoes can give you the support you need and still let you get your feet wet."

But the Podiatrist goes on to redeem himself:
“Kick off your shoes,” he said. “Go barefoot; it’s good for your feet and it’s good exercise.”

I'm not sure who is more to blame, the doc or the reporter.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20130608/LIFESTYLE/306080011/Bare-feet-better

OMGawd! We are so broken! :chicken:

"Podiatrists also recognize an increase in foot skin cancer during the summer"

That one HAD to be the author's ridiculousness at work. No podiatrist could possibly say anything that stupid.

Thats really funny. This line was my favorite "Because the soles allow the heel to drop down too far, heel spurs and plantar fasciitis can develop." Because it makes perfect sense that if you let your heel go back down to a normal level bad things will happen

Good Lord!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon