I got my barefoot mojo back!

Lomad

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
Yesterday I ran in a Turkey Trot 5k, like half the running universe in America, and got to meet a fellow BRS'er in the process (Nice to meet ya Janson and Chris!). Lately I've not been able top lay claim to the title "barefoot runner" due to crap weather and me being a wimp about it. I've done all my runs in the past two weeks in huaraches or minimal shoes of some sort and frankly it's been bugging me.

Jump to yesterday-- Woke up to a bright and sunny cold morning.I was staring down the barrel of the coldest morning I had run as a "bfrunner." I dressed for the run, laced up my huaraches and grabbed my Adams for a backup. Wimp-life in full effect, right? I kept staring at the sun and dry(!) pavement as we drove to the start and said to myself "screw it. I'm going bare." I did and it felt awesome. My feet were a bit tender since I haven't been keeping up my conditioning, there was some rough patches, and my feet were reall cold from walking across a frost covered park to get to the start area.

Anyway...just over 31 minutes for 5k, negative splits at every mile, and a revived barefoot mojo! I was super stoked all day and can't wait for my next barefoot run. Now I'm gonna go pound some leftovers.

The rare, occasional barefoot

The rare, occasional barefoot run really reminds us of how beautiful they really are.

You did better with the BF

You did better with the BF than I did. I stepped into my VFFs and saved the excuses for later... 33F, 0800 start, strange course, lots of gravel on the parking lots...wimpitude in full force.

On the other hand, I did PR, improving by almost 2 minutes over my previous.

Congrats on the mojo infusion!

I prefer to call wimpitude

I prefer to call wimpitude "self preservation instinct" JT. I am fairly certain I would have put a PR up had I worn protection, since my feet were out of condition. Sunshine just overwhelmed me and made me go bare. I did take a brief run in my Altra Adams this afternoon, though...

Good for you! Be proud!Way

Good for you! Be proud!

Way to represent the bfers on a cold morning. And enjoy it.

You are way under my temperature limit.

In fact, I was laying down my 'barefoot runner' claim and thinking about picking up the title 'warm weather barefoot runner.'

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7