How Running Barefoot (Xero Shoes) and Running Shod (Montrail Shoes) Effects Percent of Maximum Heart

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
So many questions about this "study". I tried to be patient reading it...

- are there any comparisons to doing this kind of test with just one kind of shoe and seeing how the results vary between time segments? It also does not say whether the xero shoes were first or second or third. I know for myself, that my heart rate can settle after a while running.

- did the subject run regularly before the test?

- did this person ever spend significant time being barefoot before this test? Structures and muscles weak from lack of use are not going to be in great shape.

- had this person spent any time previously running in either of these types of shoes?

- what are the person's personal preferences? or biases? that could affect how they ran

- since when is studying one person significant collection of data?

- who funded this study?

That's all for now. :)

So many questions about this "study". I tried to be patient reading it...

- are there any comparisons to doing this kind of test with just one kind of shoe and seeing how the results vary between time segments? It also does not say whether the xero shoes were first or second or third. I know for myself, that my heart rate can settle after a while running.

- did the subject run regularly before the test?

- did this person ever spend significant time being barefoot before this test? Structures and muscles weak from lack of use are not going to be in great shape.

- had this person spent any time previously running in either of these types of shoes?

- what are the person's personal preferences? or biases? that could affect how they ran

- since when is studying one person significant collection of data?

- who funded this study?

That's all for now. :)

I hear ya. I thought it was funny that an actual brand name was given.

Reactions: happysongbird
WTF?! :wtf:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7