Hood TO Coast Relay!

TheRealRandy

Barefooters
May 31, 2011
A race from Oregons mt hood timberline lodge to the coast! a great relay teams of 12 racers and each racer needs to do 3 legs of the race the longest leg is only 7.2 miles and the shorest goes down to 3.72.... Its an amazing event this will be the 30th aniv, its the largest west coast relay, and the biggest beach party lol it allows 1,250 teams and sells out by opening day each year, its aug-26 through the 27th. I live in idaho now but visit oregon 3 times a month, only 20$ per person and max of 2 vans each team.

Ima be doing my legs barefoot/minimalist ill get some great pictures 3 month countdown.

It is a really huge event. 

It is a really huge event. I've done it 3 times. Some of the legs would be quite the challenge barefoot... especially by the highway in some industrial areas. Are you on a team, Randy?

(I'm not. -- if anyone needs a sub let me know.)

yea i got asked from an old

yea i got asked from an old friend to join its a co-ed team, ill c if we are full, im flying in from idaho to get it done :)... im from oregon raised in portland but moved to idaho so i been watching the hood to coast on t.v since i was young.

excited to get down on it.

I'll be seeing you there

I'll be seeing you there Randy!

I'm a little nervous about it because my feet are unusually soft after having hardly run at all since the end of May but I've been running every other day for a whole week now so I'm hoping to be OK. :p I'm scheduled to run two ordinary legs on paved road and leg 8 which is described as "Very Hard" and runs 5.55 miles on a gravel road in the dark while 500 vans drive by kicking dust in your face. Should be a great adventure. I have some 4mm invisibleshoes (huaraches) that I will fall back on if it's too much to do truely BF but I'm expecting to be OK. Have never run at night bf so it should be an adventure.

Has anyone done any of the gravel road legs bf? Be curious to know if it's harder or easier than Leif Ericson in Forest Park.

Will you have lots of light,

Will you have lots of light, Josh?

I'll have a head lamp but I

I'll have a head lamp but I might carry another in my hand. I'm told it's tricky seeing the road when dust gets kicked up but hey, us BF'ers have x-ray vision when it comes to seeing our next step, right? :)

Don't forget St. John's

Don't forget St. John's lesson from his race report... Check those batteries!

I hadn't read that so yes,

I hadn't read that so yes, thank you TJ and thank you St. John. :)

You should read his report on

You should read his report on the front page. He has a lot of "lessons learned" there.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7