Hi from Scotland & Germany

Pes Planus

Barefooters
May 12, 2012
Germany
Just wanted to say Hi :)

I'm originally from Germany (and usually go home for the summer & Christmas), but study in Scotland atm.

I came across BF running in 2006 (after reading about it in a German book "Die Laufbibel").

That summer I started to run a few minutes BF each week (on top of about 40km in motion control shoes). Unfortunately I gave up the BF running when the winter came...

The following years I managed to run 2 full marathons and increase my mileage to about 100km/week (training for an Ultra) which must've been to much as I developed severe achilles tendinopathy (that was last May) :(

Had a few weeks rest, but when I started running again, after only 3km the tendon would flare up again. So had more rest (...) and during that time I read Born to Run (as many here I guess).
So I thought "why not give that a go", and started BF running and indeed managed to get back to about 50km/week (BF). Kept that mileage pretty stable for a few weeks (was my commute to/from Uni) but out of nowhere my AT flared up again :mad: .

So basically I haven't been running since November and thought that this time around I'll keep things nice and slow. Have been BF walking for about 2 weeks now and hope to implement some BF running from next week and hopefully get back up to 40-50km/week by September...

Pes

Edit: Just realised how much I just wrote... So apologies for the novel :barefoot:

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Ich grüße alle Barfußläufer und Minimalschuhläufer.
Ich laufe seit den 70igern und ab 2011 mit Fivefingers.

Wie kam ich zum natürlichen Laufen?

Vor ein paar Jahren war ich ein reiner Schönwetterläufer. Dementsprechend unregelmäßig war mein Lauftraining. Wenn ich aber lief, mussten es gleich lange Strecken sein, die ich zu dem im anaeroben Bereich lief. Meine Muskulatur machte dann meistens nach 2/3 schlapp und danach lief ich so zu sagen auf den Knochen. Wie sich's jeder wohl denken kann, musste ich wegen diverser Verletzungen immer wieder pausieren. Mein Körper war Opfer meines unvernünftigen sportlichen Ehrgeizes und meines inneren Schweinehundes.
Es dauerte nicht lange und ich musste das erste mal unters Messer. Mein rechter Innenmeniskus war eingerissen. Irgendwann fing ich wieder an zu laufen, wieder Verletzungen die Beine rauf und runter, Arztbesuche, Kortison usw. Dann bekam ich eine weitere Diagnose, diesmal Meniskusschaden linkes Knie.
Ab diesem Zeitpunkt hatte ich begriffen, wenn ich weiter laufen wollte, musste ich etwas ändern, ich wusste nur noch nicht was.

Ich recherchierte zu Thema "verletzungsfreies Laufen" und mir wurde klar, dass ich meine Gelenke entlasten und meine Muskulatur stärken musste. Über die Laufbibel von Dr. Marquardt und viele anderen Quellen erfuhr ich einiges über natürliches Laufen. Die Evolution hat in hunderttausenden Jahren das Wunderwerk Fuß hervorgebracht. Warum sollte ich also weiterhin auf eine noch so ausgeklügelte Laufschuhtechnik vertrauen, die mich vor Verletzungen doch nicht richtig schützen konnte?
Ich kaufte mir meine ersten Fivefingers KSO.
Ich hab's am Anfang, wie früher auch, etwas übertrieben und hatte Waden-, Achilessehnen- und Fußsohlenprobleme. Meine Knie gaben aber Ruhe, weil ich automatisch meinen Laufstil vom Fersen- auf Vorfußlauf umstellte.
Ich habe auf meinen meckernden Körper gehört und bin es etwas langsamer und geduldiger angegangen. Die vollständige Umstellung von geführten, gestützten und gedämpften Laufschuhen auf die Fivefingers hat bei mir ca. 2 Jahre gedauert.
Heute laufe ich jeden zweiten Tag, also 3x die Woche, meistens 2x 8 km, sonntags 20 km, dazwischen mache ich jeden zweiten Tag Kräftigungsübungen. Ernsthafte Verletzungen hatte ich bisher noch nicht.
Inzwischen bin ich begeisterter Minimalschuh- und im Sommer auch Barfußläufer.

I greet all Barefoot and minimal shoe runners.
I Run since the 70s and since 2011 with Five Fingers.

How I came to natural running?

A few years ago I was a pure fair-weather runner. Accordingly, irregularly was my running training. When I ran but it had to be equal to long distances, I ran to the anaerobic zone. My muscles did then usually after 2/3 limp and then I ran over to say so to the bone. How's everyone can think well, I had to pause again and again because of various injuries. My body was unreasonable sacrifice of my athletic ambition and my inner pig dog.
It was not long and I had to for the first time under the knife. My right medial meniscus was torn. Eventually, I again began to run back injuries up and down the legs, doctor visits, cortisone, etc. Then I got another diagnosis, this time meniscus damage left knee.
From this point, I realized if I wanted to run, I had to change something, I knew not what.

I researched on the subject "injury-free running" and I realized that I had to relieve my joints and strengthen my muscles. Over the life of Dr. Marquardt Bible and many other sources I learned a lot about natural running. Evolution has brought forth the miracle foot in hundreds of thousands of years. So why should I continue to rely on even the most sophisticated running shoe technology that could protect me from injury but not properly?
I bought my first Five Fingers KSO.
I got it at the beginning, as in the past also, somewhat exaggerated and had calves, and soles of the feet Achilessehnen problems. However, my knees buckled rest because I automatically Ground surrounded my running style from heel to Vorfußlauf.
I have listened to my moaning body and am somewhat addressed slower and more patient. The complete conversion of guided, supported and cushioned running shoes on the Five Fingers has taken me about 2 years.
Today I run every other day, so 3 times a week, mostly 2x 8 km, Sunday 20 km, in between I'm doing strengthening exercises every other day. Serious injury I have not had before.
Meanwhile, I am an avid minimal shoe and in summer barefoot runners.

Welcome, Waldläufer!

Reactions: Waldläufer

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7