Hi from England

Hi All,

Started vibram running 15 months ago, and barefoot running just over a year ago.
That's when it all clicked into place!

Just coming up to 300 barefoot miles, which should increase significantly over summer while I condition for a barefoot half marathon, having just ran my first full marathon in vibrams.

Looking forward to summer already!

Welcome. Glad to have you here.

Thanks Guys.

Derbian - I live in Market Harborough, South Leicestershire. Are you in Derby by any chance?

I have merrell tough gloves for work, and trail gloves for out of work. I really like them both, but prefer the vibrams for running - just over 900 miles in my first pair, and breaking my second pair in at 100 miles.

They will be getting a rest over the next few months though, to hopefully get my barefoot running mileage up to around 500.

Just re-read your message, I too wear tough gloves to work and also for casual and am currently running in trail gloves. I tried NB Minimus roads but the toe box was too narrow.

Thanks Guys.

Derbian - I live in Market Harborough, South Leicestershire. Are you in Derby by any chance?

I have merrell tough gloves for work, and trail gloves for out of work. I really like them both, but prefer the vibrams for running - just over 900 miles in my first pair, and breaking my second pair in at 100 miles.

They will be getting a rest over the next few months though, to hopefully get my barefoot running mileage up to around 500.

Hi - I'm a newbie here too:) That is amazing to hear that you have gotten over 900 miles on your Vibrams! I am working on my first pair, not near that many miles yet (hoping to put some more on myself!), but glad to hear they last longer than expected!

Hi - I'm a newbie here too:) That is amazing to hear that you have gotten over 900 miles on your Vibrams! I am working on my first pair, not near that many miles yet (hoping to put some more on myself!), but glad to hear they last longer than expected!

Hi Samantha.
I never thought I'd still be happily running in them after that sort of milage - certainly value for money!
I've recently started a blog about barefoot running, and there's a photo of the sole athttp://www.toadshoes.co.uk/2012/05/24/why-toad-shoes/

Good luck racking up the miles in yours!

Hi Samantha.
I never thought I'd still be happily running in them after that sort of milage - certainly value for money!
I've recently started a blog about barefoot running, and there's a photo of the sole at http://www.toadshoes.co.uk/?p=19

Good luck racking up the miles in yours!

Thanks Bob! I checked out your blog too-great stuff! I love the design of it and how you have your daily mileage stats...plus some of your photos, looks beautiful there! Great to see the bottoms of your vibrams, can totally see the forefoot strike, which I'm working on getting that down and improving my form. My old running shoes showed a lot of heel strike and toe! It's a fun work in progress though:)

My pleasure! I did my first actual barefoot run this past weekend (it's been a while sans shoes completely) and this totally helps with not pushing off my toes! It's amazing that barefoot can actually feel that much different than in the Vibrams. Def going to use it as a tool to get my form better! Have some great runs this week!

Hi Phil-thanks! It is truly different...and I probably look like a real crazy when not only am I barefoot, but I'm smiling from ear to ear, like I'm actually enjoying every moment of it! Haha...I give the look back, that they are the ones missing out:) It was amazing how much it helped keep my toes off and just feeling how it's supposed to be helped me in the runs I did in shoes the following days. Looking forward to hitting that point! Have a great week running!:)

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Thank you, ma'am. Glad it's working so effectively for you. I've had people almost wreck their cars gawking at me, and I've had everything from people edging away slowly in alarm to people legitimately wanting to understand why I do this (and all points in between). Their loss, and occasionally you'll strike a chord with somebody who gets it and wants to really understand and learn more. That keeps it worth it.

I agree, makes it all worth it! Who knows maybe I'll find a local runner or too interested in it, but always thought it was too weird and never saw someone actually doing it. I went out again today 3.5 miles BF and had someone comment, "Barefoot?" But still with a smile and slightly curious tone. I gave the thumbs up and cheered, "Yeah, it's great!" I had another feeling being my 2nd recent run BF (on the streets that it), that instead of feeling a little weird myself and self-conscious of not wearing shoes...I was more elated that I was different and following something I love and proud of it...by stepping out BF it was more than running, but a kind of life lesson that that it's good to be different and to be uncommon in all areas of life vs. always following a mold. It made me smile even more (yes that is possible-ha!) Even though it was a quick run, I have some of my most profound thoughts while running:)

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
We all come to this from different angles, stepping outside the norm is another good one.

I so miss it. I long to feel the ground under my feet again.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7