Hello - Newbie in UK Chapter

Mike3Mike

Barefooters
Sep 19, 2013
Hampshire
Hello,

I'm a newbie to barefoot running, and am due for my second barefoot run tonight. I'm a Newbury parkrunner, but will be easing myself into it gradually, so will be interesting to see how my times change with switching to barefoot, once I've built up my distance. I also parkrun with my family so am often slow for me.

An interesting year for sport so far, having learnt to ride a unicycle, I just wonder what's coming after switching to barefoot running!

Mike3Mike

Welcome!

Thanks - I've just got back from my second run, and felt too good. I don't think it'll be my legs hurting tomorrow, more my soles. I've ended up with a blister! I'll have to spend some more time planning my training to get into it a little slower!

Clearly barefoot unicycling, perhaps on a tightwire. 'Ello, guv'nor and welcome. Glad to have you with us. My runs with my wife are also slower, but that's not such a problem BF, as I just take shorter strides at the same cadence, and Voila! I'm going her pace and still getting a decent workout. Enjoy!

Reactions: Mike3Mike
I just wonder what's coming after switching to barefoot running!

OMG!! Sheer joy! Cheers, dan

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway