Hello from Arvada, CO

LizzieK

Barefooters
Nov 25, 2011
Being new to BFR I have been glued to this site for the past couple of days. After videotaping my form, I realized that I am way overstriding and heel striking. The only way I seem to be able to shorten my stride is to take off my shoes. I have been BF walking and doing short stints on the track at the gym so far. Just bought some moccasins so I can be without shoes or close to it as much as possible. Today, I plan to do a 20 min bf run and 20 min walk. I love reading all the tips on this site!

Welcome, Lizzie!  Glad to

Welcome, Lizzie! Glad to have you here!

Lizzie:Welcome to the crew. 

Lizzie:

Welcome to the crew. It's a great adventure, this transitioning to BFR. Just take your time and don't push through any pain without first understanding what's happening. Listen to your body's feedback and give it time to adjust to this very different running style. It's a blast when you do, and moreso when you make the transition without injuring yourself like so many of us did by trying to do Too Much Too Soon (TMTS). Glad you've joined us!

Reactions: happysongbird
Welcome Lizzie! Glad you

Welcome Lizzie! Glad you found us! Feel free to ask questions, were here to help!

It is indeed. But by "just

It is indeed. But by "just going" I earned myself a stress fractured left metatarsal, so I just can't recommend it in good conscience. It sounds like you're probably a long-time runner like I was; I also had to take off the shoes to re-learn how to run effectively, and it's so much more fun BF that I only grudgingly wear one of my minimal pairs of shoes when I have to (Altra Adams or VFF KSOs). Be careful, but have fun!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway