Grinding My Feet

Dirtbag

Barefooters
Oct 17, 2010
Went with a sockless VFF run today and those things have something on the outside edge by the base of my big toe that rubs a small section raw. After my last sprint tri I had real nice raw spots for a few days, but that was running sockless plus loose sand still stuck to my feet from the beach. Need to start doing sockless runs again before my next two races so those spots can toughen up. Anyone else have similar VFF issues?

My KSO"s are too small to

My KSO"s are too small to wear socks and when I haven't run in them for awhile I get rubbing in that exact same place on the side of my big toe. The arch has a spot like that on a seam also...I use Body Glide on those spots and on the very ends of my two biggest toes too. After a few runs the my feet get used to it and I can back off on the Body Glide. On some trail runs dirt/sand sticks to the top inside edge of the heel and rubs my heel raw...VFF's are not the perfect shoe for me but I still wear them now and then.

i got blisters on my soles

i got blisters on my soles going sockless when i bombed it down hill. It's got to do with form because i don't wear socks unless it's cold. Wet shoes and socks suck to run in. Those were sprints that did it to me. I now have Kso's and Biks.

Mike

There's a product called

There's a product called 2Tom's (http://www.2toms.com) that's supposed to eliminate blisters inside your shoes. You can try that. If you do, let me know how it goes. We may want to advertise for them.

Over a year ago I was having

Over a year ago I was having treouble with a pair of VFF's. I was getting blisters behind the big toe. I found a way to fix it and posted on the other place.

http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/barefoot-running/one-vff-blistas

Sorry TJ, if you want to somehow copy it over here, go for it.

Also, 2 Toms Sports Shield Roll On has been a life saver for me with my Merrill Trail Gloves. I was getting nasty blisters and it solved the Problem when I lubed up my feet. I see they have a Blister Shield. I am gonna get me some of that and the Stink Free cause I get tired of being stinky :)

That was my first home, but

That was my first home, but this one is even better!

I received some samples from 2Toms, and I think their powder and their wipes are really good.

Samples, You guys and your

Samples, You guys and your freebies

I need to get in on the freebie thing.

Actually, I was testing 2Toms

Actually, I was testing 2Toms to see if it's a product we would like to advertise here. Other than that, I haven't received any test footwear or other samples. Whenever a shoe manufacturer contacts me and wants me to review shoes, I always refer them off to the BRS members. I can't wear shoes, too much pain from the neuromas, so it would be unfair to them (and me) to even attempt wearing a pair. I could never give a fair review, but someone without my problem could.

Now SayPay and Jason, they

Now SayPay and Jason, they are two of the biggest swag hos I know.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7