Greetings from Tucson!

devilnuts

Barefooters
Feb 24, 2011
Hey everyone! I'm new to the site and, well, I guess new to barefoot running. About a year ago I started running with VFFs after someone recommended barefoot running. I have run since high school and did a lot of running in the Marine Corps. My hip and knee would always start bothering me after a lot of running. An acquaintance suggested barefoot running. I got a pair of VFFs to try to slowly transition. I ended up overdoing it and getting a stress fracture after about 6 months. I finally started running again a few months ago and have since transitioned to barefoot running. I have been surprised how much different muscles weren't being used with running shoes. I'm glad to find a place with some like minded people who won't look at me like I'm crazy...well, at least not crazy for running barefoot. :-D

Welcome, DN!  You'll have to

Welcome, DN! You'll have to explain your screen name to some of us, I guess. ;-)

LOL...When I was in the

LOL...When I was in the Marine Corps we used to play Delta Force. I used the moniker Leatherneck (I know...real original). Well, I was really good at hiding and sniping in that game and it started to make some of the other players a little...less than happy. So they started twisting the moniker trying to vent their frustration. One of the guys said "Leathernuts" and it just kind of stuck. So I used to use that except for several people took that to mean something totally different from what was intended. I had to change it and since all of my friends called me "nuts" for short (or maybe because they thought I was nuts) I simply changed Devil Dog to DevilNuts. So now I get DN or nuts. It was either that or barefootphysicist, and since I'm kinda trying to move out of the sciences for a career, that probably won't be appropriate in two to three years...hahaha.

Hysterical, DN!

Hysterical, DN!

Welcome, Devil Dog.  Our

Welcome, Devil Dog. Our stories track pretty closely. I'm no Marine (just a lowly soldier), but hip cartilege loss/pain also led me to transition to BFR too fast in VFFs, resulting in a stress fractured left foot (3rd metatarsal head). This is a great place to find some kindred spirits as well as get some great advice and answers. Enjoy - Oohrah!

Phil

Hey Abide, I'll look forward

Hey Abide, I'll look forward to it. I'm not on the close side to Phoenix though...hahaha.

Hey Phil, some of my best friends from high school went on to be "lowly" soldiers. ;) A few could probably teach me a thing or two. I am more of a jack of all trades, yet a master of none. HAHAHA

Semper Fi Devilnuts!  Can't

Semper Fi Devilnuts! Can't imagine going barefoot back when I was in the crotch. You aren't crazy - you are welcome here!

Sara

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon