GlASS! eeeek!

Well it finally happened. The ubiquitous and hyper inflated danger purported by all of my incredulous friends and observers was finally realized!

While on my third barefoot run of the week I was feeling good and decided to push my pace a bit. My faithful running companion Jax (a pit bull only dangerous to unsuspecting biscuits) was happy to oblige the faster pace. Poor old Jax stepped on a piece of glass. Yes it happened. Jax, who runs with me with dogged tenacity, who takes every step I take slightly to the rear and right or left, unshod and unabashed. I see it as a failure oh part for being selfish and looking out for only my own bared soles. Poor Jax is now recuperating from his paw injury and Bunny the French Bulldog is forced to run in his stead. Jax still wagged his tail and with great labor danced sadly toward the door when I grabbed my running hat, but his plaintiff moans of excitement were absent so I left him home to recover. Bunny happily ran for him though and got home safely, though thoroughly exhausted. I was very impressed with the determination and instinct of ol Jax to stay with the pack despite his injury with no flinch or whimper. The dogs are soooo well behaved when they exercise, and our romps are better than therapy for me.

I am returning to running from a broken foot (got cleated during soccer practice) and was very pleased to see my mileage jump from 2 miles, to 4 miles, to 6 miles in a 3 week period. I guess I am just going to have to watch more carefully for my canine companions though...sigh...thought you guys might get a kick out of this realization of that myopic fear of glass.

Aww, poor Jax! My old bare pawed running companion also fell prey to glass, way before I'd started barefooting. They heal pretty quick, but if Jax is anything like Shad was then be warned, it's not ready to run on until a couple of days after he says so!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts