Free race! Anyone up for an adventure? Read below.

Joshh

Barefooters
Aug 28, 2010
Hello everybody,

This was originally only posted in the OR chapter but I thought I'd share it wider in case anyone wanted to come from farther away for an adventure. I have to get back to the organizer ASAP with names and birthdays of anyone who wants to attend.

We have been invited to run a race at the Oregon State Penitentiary. It's being organized by a guy who used to be on the wrong side of the fence there but had his life turned around by running.

They have a race every month and the public is invited to run with them. I am planning to do the 5km this April 30th. They also have a 10km.

It's a measured 600m course. Nine times around is 5km and 10km is 19 times around (different starting points).

The race begins at 11:30AM but we need to be there by 10:30. We'll be back in Portland by 2:30 according to the race director.

There are no t-shirts (unless we bring them), ribbons or prize money. This is all about running.

It's free and pretty much guaranteed to be an unforgettable experience.

Who's coming with me?

Josh

Thread bump.Alright, so

Thread bump.

Alright, so who's coming with me and Dan? I really need names and birthdates ASAP. Come on BF brothas and sistas, it's a free race!

Sounds like it would

Sounds like it would definitely be a unique run, almost like a prison break but your already out (run faster, faster, got to get away). If I was a little closer, I would be all over it. Have fun and enjoy though.

Thanks Bob.  Yeah, I'm really

Thanks Bob. Yeah, I'm really excited about it and have been surprised to not see more interest. I think there IS interest but there is also slack. Hmmm, makes me wonder if slacking and barefooting tend to go together...?

Josh,I would be interested

Josh,

I would be interested in participating if I were closer. Unfortunately "free race" doesn't include air fare or time lost from work, etc to get out there (from FL for me) so I can't make it.

Have fun though and make sure to let us all know how it goes!

Race canceled!  The director

Race canceled! The director mailed me today to say that due to "stuff that happens there sometimes" the race was canceled until the 21st of next month. Rats!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7