free buteyko breathing book

migangelo

Chapter Presidents
Jun 5, 2010
portland, or
i have come across this link in another forum and wanted to share it here. the person who shared it has a brain injury and claims this has helped him to cope better everyday in giving him more control over his body and vertigo.

it's called a cure for asthma and should help with allergies. this should help all those who breathe through their mouth when they run, or just live. breathing through your nose will help get you more oxegyn into your blood and keep you more hydrated. i have just downloaded it so i can't add any comments to it. it's only available for two weeks so get it now.

Mike

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.mcssl.com/store/buteyko-center-usa/catalog/product/e407ca1a616843d293c8c9ab740b1488

Hi Mike,I've been playing

Hi Mike,

I've been playing with this stuff for a couple of years. The only person I recommended it to with asthma found that it worked and has not had an attack since.

I highly recommend visiting normalbreathing.com It's very counter-intuitive - but barefoot running is a bit that way too. I only manage to practice the principles in training - running or cycling - but can't manage to do it in competition. Perhaps I'm getting the benefit from the training though as it is supposed to re-set the body's CO2 levels (higher) and so allow more efficient oxygen uptake in the muscles and brain.

The only times I ever had any breathgn issues was after a srpint finish at high altitude. usually a minute or two later I find that I can't breathe. Through Buteyko I understood that the problem was caused by gasping and overbreathing - hyperventilating - exactly as asthmatics do. If you flush out all the CO2 by hyperventilating then your blood acid level drops rapidly (carbonic acid) and this is what determines your ability to absorb oxygen. Your lungs are in fact CO2 reservoirs and CO2 is not a waste product - it is a major hormone (created by the body) and the only one to affect all the body's major organs. Interesting stuff but there is a lot to learn about it.

For the meantime I think it's the answer for asthmatics and any hyperventilation issues - and training runs are gret for developing this - as is swimming. Use in competition though might be another issue.

In addition, by holding your breath (out) for a few moments on each breath you can also control anxiety and warm up your hands and feet! It's useful stuff.

Skicoach

Good to know. I have yet to

Good to know. I have yet to read it. I have a number of library books sitting here while i study for my condensed physics course. I will get to it in the fall.

I have Maffetone's "Big Book of Endurance Training and Racing" that i wan't to read before i finish anything else. As i said though the man who recommended it has nothing but good things to say. With his brain injury he says he can only race the trees!

I figured it would help some people here, especially the mouth breathers who get so dehydrated.

Mike

Hi Mike,Just check out the

Hi Mike,

Just check out the web link - the book of exercises you downloaded will probably be extremely boring - though great if you have problems to fix.

All you have to do is to breathe both in an out through the nose as much as possible - experiencing a slight feeling of suffocation is actually a good thing. It's a bit like feeling hungry and holding off so that you can enjoy the food instead of giving in and eating a crappy hamburger instantly.

Basically the Russian researchers claim that if you breathe exclusively though the nose you simply cannot have a heart attack! The nasal breathing creates Nitric Oxide in the nasal passages and that dilates the arteries, plus the higher carbonic acid levels from increased CO2 causes the heart tissue to be correctly oxygenated. This is pretty useful stuff for older people (me included) worried about going running! There's a lot more benefit than just avoiding dehydration from an open mouth - but that is true too!

The "Big Book of Endurance Training" sounds like an endurance event in it's own right. So far (despite being a professional sports coach myself for the past 25 years) I've not found much sense written in any training books. I have dozens of books on running but not one that would have made me think of running barefoot - or that it would revolutionise my running - as it has done!

Good luck with your physics course. Let me know how you get on with that monster book!

Skicoach.

Man I missed the free

Man I missed the free download! I have asthma and I'm training for a half-marathon and my breathing is giving me problems. So much so that I have to stop and walk to get it under control. It's annoying. I just want to keep running and not stop just because I can't breathe. I went to the other website and did their little test and now I'm having difficulty breathing. Any little suggestions and tips would be appreciated.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7