First hill workout, ever?

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
So I tested out the preset workouts tonight on my new treadmill and ended up doing a 40 minute hill workout. I live in Delaware, we don't have hills; I do hill workouts (if you can call them that) on an overpass. The treadmill kicked my arse. 10% incline is craziness for a flatlander.

I did the 40 minutes barefoot and the deck didn't get too hot so I was happy about that. My feet did seem a bit dry (?) afterwards. I guess it's the difference between rubber and asphalt. I expect to be a bit sore in the AM just because I'm not used to the incline, but it'll be a good kinda hurtin. ;)

I have run at Valley Forge. I forgot about that, I've run there 4 or 5 times, my in-laws live in Limerick. I especially like the Masonic Monument, I always stop there for a moment.

Did you do hill intervals or ran the whole 40 mins at 10% grade?
My feet get very dry also when I run on the mill I don't know why? It seems as if the belt sucks all the oils from the soles like there is no tomorrow.

I did intervals. Varied from 6% to 10%, speeds from 5.5 mph to 7 mph. 40 minutes total.

Ramzev, let me know if you are going to be in the neighborhood again and we can go out for a run together. Also, if you go to MapMyRun you can see lots of routes in and around the Park. The 5 mile paved walking path loop is mostly like butter underfoot.