First Barefoot Trail Race - Timber Trek

ajw1970

Barefooters
Jun 29, 2011
First trail run.. and I ran it barefoot. Amana, Iowa Timber Trek. 4.89 mile "Adventure" run which started out early with a gate blocked by large hey bails followed by a creek crossing and then another crossing followed by a mud wall climb requiring ropes. Most of the trail was a timber type mountain bike trail and was nice going. There were lots of branches, leaves, acorns and walnuts but nothing too treacherous.

I didn't do too well on time although I felt good about it. First trail run so it's a PR regardless! I finished the race in 1:02:32 which puts me at an average pace of 12:47

The course also included a small culvert in muddy water we had to slide through on our bellies (not tall enough to crawl through) and a tire pile we had to go over. There was also a muddy water section which we had to cross on a long 4x4 with muddy feet... I lost my balance but was able to land on the other board and recovered.

There were two spots where we had to wait in line to continue... the hey bails and the rope climb... there would've been other spots but when I got to them I wasn't in heavy company so no waiting...

The race was a blast!

This should be a public photo/video album:

https://plus.google.com/photos/107945468734554888724/albums/5658636350388607281

Congrats!  Lots of good fun

Congrats! Lots of good fun and memories there.

Thats awsome AJW! I can't

Thats awsome AJW! I can't wait till I can do my first race. Not sure when that will be but I am off and running now that my calf injury is healed! Reading other peoples race stories gets me excited to race!

Thanks everybody! Yeah... I'm

Thanks everybody! Yeah... I'm sure I was too but 10th from last is 10th from last regardless. However... I take my PR's anyway I can get them ;-)

Time means nothing as long as

Time means nothing as long as you had fun and enjoyed your race and run.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts