First 20+ miler!

Smelph

Barefooters
Nov 5, 2010
Did 20.8 miles today for my last long training run for the kalamazoo marathon! Started out in VFFs due to not knowing what the trail was about (crushed limestone). Did 3 miles and then ditched them and went barefoot the rest of the way! Felt like a great accomplishment, but man am I sore now! ;)

Nothing but rest and taper for the next 3 weeks! Hooray for allowing my body to rebuild!

Wonderful!  Congrats!  Good

Wonderful! Congrats! Good luck on the marathon!

Congrats Smelph!  20 miles

Congrats Smelph! 20 miles mostly BF is a serious fricken accomplishment.

Go go go, man!!  Rock and

Go go go, man!! Rock and roll... congrats!

Good luck on the marathon,

Good luck on the marathon, should be no issue for you.

Nice job! I did my second

Nice job!

I did my second barefoot 20 miler last week, which was 23 days out before marathon on May 1st. A bit concerned that is too far out, I am doing a 15 miler today, but thinking i should make it another 20 miler, for a total of 3. I am going to do a 5 day taper for this marathon because of my low mileage. I was only averaging around 33 miles a week.

Good luck!

have fun Smelph. I ran 5

have fun Smelph. I ran 5 miles in the mud run last week and can probably go bf today. i did it the other day and it was no fun. Oh, i went to my mom's post race and she made some arnica tea for me to drink and then she soaked a cloth in it and wrapped it around my feet. took the swelling and pain away quickly. i recommend it.

Mike