Fake Barefooter!

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
The link doesn't work.

Weird. It worked yesterday. I'll give it a day and if it doesn't come back I'll delete the post.

Thanks Sid.

I get a "Whoa! Are you sure you want to go there!" from McAfee when I click on that link. I will pass. I can tell what it's about through Sid's post.

TJ, a reporter caught and photographer a better going into an alley with a female accomplice and comes out barefoot to beg. This is a growing problem.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
An older story.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/news/scam-warning-over-barefoot-begging-con-131107n.21625394

So only shoeless beggars deserve compassion?
The shoeless need to be shod?
Being habitually shod is so important the people are outraged when deceived by beggars pretend to be habitually unshod?

Yes, it makes no sense. Why would it matter if someone is begging with or without shoes. They're begging. And whether their intentions are true or not tells us there is a bigger problem indeed.

Did you see the video of (I will try to remember) a guy who is barefoot, begging people in a subway train for money when his phone rings? Hysterical! He actually answers the phone, a nice smart phone-type, and exits the train quickly. I guess so he doesn't get stoned.

Problem with begging is that beggars can make too much (more than normal dayjob) money with it, if they seem to be miserable enough.. Should beggars to stop begging for the rest of a day, when he gets money enough to eat?

Beggars (real or fake, unshod or shod, it doesn't matter) are necessary for society: they provide the possibility for everybody else to feel good: I give something to a person who asks for it. Afterwards I feel good because I can think of myself as someone generous who just did a good action. Only the act of giving is real: the thinking about having done a good action happens only in my head but provides good feelings nevertheless. The thinking about the beggar being real or fake, deserving money or not, also happens only in my head, but the feelings caused by these kind of thoughts are definitely not as good: the generous feeling is replaced by some kind of aversion feeling.
What do I want to feel?

Reactions: flammee
when i was selling cars one of the other salesmen told me he talked to a street beggar. guy said no way he'd ever get another job as he made $4-700 daily. most lawyers couldn't steal that kind of money.

Maybe. Or most, but plenty earn $400/hr while driving to court and another $400/hr talking on their cell to another client at the same time. Still, the begger is correct, if he factored in the seven years of higher education he's definitely doing better than the average attorney, and probably having more fun. And how many in the legal field get to go to work barefoot?
The guy in question just does the reverse of many working barefooters....he goes to and from work in shoes but works his trade in bare feet.

Reactions: dharmadan
when i was selling cars one of the other salesmen told me he talked to a street beggar. guy said no way he'd ever get another job as he made $4-700 daily. most lawyers couldn't steal that kind of money.
Could probably make even more money if he would gouge out one of his eyes or amputate a limb, just like they do in India. Just taking off your shoes doesn't cut it there.

Reactions: Ahcuah
yeah heard about that. sad. i heard there are streets full of kids with missing limbs begging.

All this says to me is he can't be properly poor if he can afford shoes. :rage:

Of course it's emotional manipulation but you have to do what you have to do to survive. (Within reason)

As far as the money you get is concerned. I lived on the streets of London for 3 months a few years back to highlight the plight of homeless vet's. I tried begging and can tell you that I was lucky to get £50.00 a day. It sounds a lot but believe me it's not considering you have to sit outside and freeze your arse of for 10 hours a day to get it.

Reactions: Hobbit and Sid

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7