Exploring new terrain.

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
After years of running barefoot on concrete, street, etc. I found this trail of limestone mixed with gravel.

Last week I ran this gravel trail for about 30 minutes, my pace was definitely slower. It's an out and back trail so about the 30 minute mark, my feet were having enough. Yesterday I ran 5 miles on the same trail, i think it was about 50 minutes or so. I can't believe how the foot can be so resiliant. The stimulation from rough terrain on the barefoot is a definite must.

I am hooked, I figure once a week i will hit this gravel trail. I thnk the whole trail is about 9 miles, I will definitely run the whole thing at some point. It would just be like those "gravel buckets" every talks about, but this is real and in nature.

Nice, Gent.  It's good to

Nice, Gent. It's good to have a change-up. I have a trail just a few minutes from me that is about 3 miles out and back, runs along a wide stream, full of every conceivable terrain (except concrete and asphalt), and packed with roots sticking up everywhere. Loves it!

My favorite streamside trail

My favorite streamside trail has these root nubs, about 1/2 an inch in dia and 3/4 of an inch high. I think somebody must have cut tiny trees out of the trail. I hate those damn nubs. The rest is fine, like TJ's with all sorts of textures and wildlife.

JT:   This same place has

JT: This same place has single trails as well, and it's full of those root nubs. I did run a 1/2 mile on this single trail, and it's quite intense. Almost impossible to run but if you go with a walk/run approach, it's doable.

TJ: Very cool, it's such a different element to be out there in nature.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon