DQed for Running in Bare Feet!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
What was the reason given

What was the reason given originaly for not allowing bare feet? I remember Ken Bob saying that the Ironman had an official ban on shoeless runners as well.

And what exactly was their confusion regarding shoes vs bare feet?

"6. RUNNING CONDUCT:

6.1. General Rules:

a.) The athletes will:

....(iv) Not run without shoes or run barefoot on any part of the course;"

Were some athletes running without shoes but not barefoot in the past? And yet others running barefoot while wearing shoes?

Would Merrell come to a DQ'd barefoot runner's defence if they were shod in their product for the race?

I'm more confused now then ever.

You do know we won that one,

You do know we won that one, right Board? Merrell's cool. They did the right thing in the end. They allowed barefoot runners to run in their Barefoot Specific Division. I understand it was orginally their sports management company who made the call to not allow bareoot runners run in the division. When we brought it to Jason's attention, Jason brought it to Merrell's attention, and Merrell did the right thing. Check out the story on the home page about it. Very cool.

Yeah I remembered that TJ, I

Yeah I remembered that TJ, I was just confused as to what the race director of the Canadian tri thought the difference was between running barefoot and running without shoes.

I got your point.  They're

I got your point. They're asinine.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7