Dealing with separation

Wee Faerie Allomancy....It's a gathering of very small Faeries who practice magic using metals...

how long is she away for with each game?

you must really be in Lurve to miss her that much over two days ;)

Not to make the missing her seem small, but it is always the first separation that is the hardest. As things go along it does get easier, and the time passes faster on later trips. Hell, there may even come a time where you say "couldn't you stay an extra day?" That's a point where you know things are good, because your own alone time is as prized as the together time (and absence does make the heart fonder..all that jazz...)

Plus, reunions wouldn't be nearly as, ummm, fun, without the absence part!

It's not so much enjoying as appreciating:)

My wife and I end up in separate places for a couple nights from time to time, and though I don't "enjoy" her being gone, there's something to be said for the extra-long trail run without feeling guilty that she's stuck home with the kids. i appreciate the chances to do my own thing without having to worry about it infringing on our "us" time.

And it's always her that wishes my trips were longer, i think. My sense of humor is worse in person than it is on teh interwebz...

Reactions: NickW
Hell, there may even come a time where you say "couldn't you stay an extra day?" That's a point where you know things are good, because your own alone time is as prized as the together time (and absence does make the heart fonder..all that jazz...)

lol glad I'm not the only one. I enjoy the freedom that comes from occasional separations.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway