Dallas White Rock Lake

NotSoDoomedRunner

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
Well, it was cold, a little windy, and very wet, but got through my first marathon. Ran a few miles with Jason, which was cool and discovered those injinji toe socks and vibrams are the worst idea ever in cold wet water. I plan on writing a race report, but now it is time to drink. Cheers!

Jason who?Congrats on your

Jason who?

Congrats on your first! Looking forward to your race report, and if you want, I'll put your race report on the home page, so email it to me if you're interested. [email protected]

Awesome! I cant wait to read

Awesome! I cant wait to read the report.

Congrats!

Never heard of him.

Never heard of him.

Actually, I thought he was in

Actually, I thought he was in Argentina. That's why I asked.

Did y'all run barefoot?  I

Did y'all run barefoot? I saw a ton of VFFs, got to run with Barefoot Todd for a bit and fist bumped a guy who did the full in 3:17 barefoot, but I didn't get his name.

We should try and get a good size group together for one of these things! I'm doing the R&R in March...we should start planning it now. I'll be shooting for a sub 2hr half.

Y'all running any more races this year? Let me know. I may be doing a Jingle Bell run...one of them...this month and I'm doing the get healthy 5K in Frisco Jan 21st. Channel 11 CBS and Channel 21 will be there. A barefoot mob would get some good coverage!

-Jonny

TJ-yeah, I think he had just

TJ-yeah, I think he had just got back and signed up last minute.

Johnny-I do most races in Austin but some in DFW since my family is from there so we visit often. Unfortunately I think Christmas is here this year, so I won't up again. Several barefoot runners will be at Rocky Raccoon Ultra. Austin has a lot of good barefoot events. The Run for the Water 5K and 10 Milers in Austin even had barefoot divisions this year, which was cool - even though I believe they let minimalists count.

Im down with a barefoot

Im down with a barefoot takeover at some race in 2012!

Its gotta be a Texas race though... Dallas, Austin, Houston, somewhere like that.

Late congrats on a well run

Late congrats on a well run race doomed!!!

I bet you're were hearing my voice (well (999((((((( when you were going fast..pace yo u rself, pace yourself ((((??

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7