Cycling shoes with wide toe box - could this be it??

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
Came across Bont cycling shoes while perusing BikeForums.net this evening. Never heard of them before now, but apparently Brad Wiggins was wearing their $500 climb-specific shoes as he won the 2012 TdF.

Anyway, it appears that pretty much all of their designs include a wide(r) toe box than what you see on most cycling shoes. From the top the shape almost looks like my Stems, which are super wide around the toes. They start around $165 and go up to $600 for the UCI-illegal super-aero model.

Might have to keep these in mind if I ever get some dedicated road shoes for my new bike.

http://www.bont.com/cycling/products/Road/a-three/

A3_white-blue-2011-top_large.jpg

Tech_Ergo_ShapeFinal.jpg

Hmmm.........second metatarsal head forward of the first? Looks like some good diagrams for the Morton's toe thread! I believe that's still active?

Reactions: Lomad
Tech_Ergo_ShapeFinal.jpg

The diagram with the blue bones doesn't match the photograph with the white bone-overlay. The diagram with the red bones is actually a good representation of what the shoe in this photograph will do to the foot. Several prominently featured minimalist brands (Merrell, Vivo, etc) suffer the same discrepancy.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7