Crack on side of foot

So, I had a blister a week, week and a half ago. It has mostly healed up but a small section of it cracked, fairly deeply when I was running last week and now it seems to be healing super slow and I have a 5k this weekend. Any suggestions in getting it to heal faster?

Vitamin E oil always seems to

Vitamin E oil always seems to help my skin heal quickly from different ailments. My wife is a firm believer in the healing powers of triple antibiotic ointment.

I like the antibiotic

I like the antibiotic ointment idea myself, that and Aquaphor. Rub it over the area generously before you go to sleep and put on a pair of socks to keep the moisture in and off your bedding. It will heal up in no time.

Ok, I will give that a shot

Ok, I will give that a shot Angel and TJ. I wasn't even planning on doing a race till I saw this one while looking for future races. It's a race in honor of a local fallen soldier and so it really hits home to me (I'm a vet) and I feel that even if I do poorly I will be happy for doing this race. Anyhow, I'll let you all know how this treatment works for me.

Yes, please do.

Yes, please do.

Ok, so after one night with

Ok, so after one night with neosporin and a bandaid the crack has filled in. It's still soft tissue and could potentially tear pretty easily so I am trying to baby it to get it to heal enough by Saturday. I think it should be healed up just fine. Looking forward to see what I can do timewise without a stroller in front of me.

Told ya that stuff worked. 

Told ya that stuff worked. ;-) To speed healing, let the air get to it during the day.

Intelligent minds...

Intelligent minds...

I've been told by someone who

I've been told by someone who work at a podiatry/skincare type place that aquaphor works just as well on most things as neosporin, but you don't have the antibiotics in it, so I might suggest using that whenever possible. The less antibiotics we use the less chance of those little creatures mutating on us and giving us new antibiotic resistant strains.

If something "gets me" and I

If something "gets me" and I just don't have the time for it to heal all the way up, I'll some times throw some NUskin on it the day of the race. I don't get blisters any more, but when I did, I was carefull to cut away all the dry skin once it had healed up under and the skin opened up. Didn't want any skin pockets to pack road dirt in when I ran!

Please post up how the 5K goes! Sounds like a good event for a worthy cause!!!

-Jonny

I will deinately let everyone

I will deinately let everyone know how the 5k goes. I usually don get much for blisters myself, but I think because I had been off for two months because of the calf injury I think part of it is the skin needed to toughen back up. I haven't had a blister since this last one and this crack is healing up pretty quickly now. I usually don't like to use neosporin or anything like that, but I wanted to be able to run barefoot for this and not in my huaraches.

My NuSkin doesn't dry quickly

My NuSkin doesn't dry quickly at all. It takes forever, so if I want to go for a run, the stuff is wet and picks everything up. Crazy Glue would be better for drying speed. Although I tried that too, and got it so clumpy (I guess it was old), that every step I took felt like I was stepping on a rock! Argh! So I would advise, get some "new" Crazy Glue and apply a very thin coat. Although, depending on where you need it, it will wear off in no time.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts