Countdown to 10 Miler - Training?

LavaRunner

Chapter Presidents
Jun 4, 2010
I have two weeks, the 29th of August, to the Annapolis 10 miler. It is a great race, lots of fun, can be very hot and Humid and is a hilly course. I am physically ready and trained injury free and I have two weeks left. I have a few ideas to nail this training but wanted some input.

The week before the race I'll taper a bit, it is only a 10 miler but I want to be fresh and do my best which leaves me about 7 or 8 days to push myself. Here are my thoughts and anyone wants to throw in ideas, I am open.

Sun 15-Aug 11 Miles

Mon 16-Aug CrossTrain

Tue 17-Aug 8 Miles

Wed 18-Aug Off

Thu 19-Aug 4 Miles Intervals

Fri 20-Aug 6 Miles Fartleks

Sat 21-Aug 3 Miles Light

Sun 22-Aug 12 Miles

Mon 23-Aug CrossTrain

Tue 24-Aug 8 Miles

Wed 25-Aug off

Thu 26-Aug 3 miles

Fri 27-Aug 2 miles

Sat 28-Aug off

Sun 29-Aug Race

Looks fine to me.  I usually

Looks fine to me. I usually don't do any speedwork for two weeks before a race, but I think that is a personal preference.

I also do my final 2 miler the day before a race rather than two days before just so I'm not sore. Again, personal preference me thinks.

You'll do great! Good luck!

Thanks. I usually do a mile

Thanks. I usually do a mile or two the day before, slow pace, lust to stay loose.

I've never done speed work that close to a race, thought I'd try it out and see how it works.

So far so goodRan the 12

So far so good

Ran the 12 miles yesterday completely barefoot. I think I have decided to run the Annapolis barefoot and not go for a PR. I think it will be more fun to just have a great run and not deal with shoes of any kind.

Sure wish I had me a nice wicking tank top with the BRS logo on it (hint hint)

Yes, yes, yes.  Mrs. Zumba

Yes, yes, yes. Mrs. Zumba has taken over the Merchandising Coordinator position for the BRS. She is working on it, and as soon as she has an affordable option available to us, she will let us know.

Oh man. ARE YOU ANYWHERE

Oh man.

ARE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR DC? Want to give me a ride to the Annapolis 10-miler?

My buddy decided not to run (and tell me NOW) and I don't have a car in DC, so I'm trying to figure out how to get myself there.

Help a barefooter out? I guess I could always walk haha.

Jess, I am in a two seater

Jess, I am in a two seater getting a ride with a buddy. Let me ask and make sure that is how we are going. if it changes, I'll let you know. I am up north in Germantown.

Here is a thought, try the Rockville Roadrunners site. I wonder if they have people carpooling out there. They usually have a large presence at Annapolis.

LavaRunner wrote:So far so

LavaRunner said:
So far so good

Ran the 12 miles yesterday completely barefoot. I think I have decided to run the Annapolis barefoot and not go for a PR. I think it will be more fun to just have a great run and not deal with shoes of any kind.

Sure wish I had me a nice wicking tank top with the BRS logo on it (hint hint)

Awesome, I agree forget the shoes, you can do this barefoot. And you might PR as well, one thing you have during races that you don't when training or just running by yourself, and that is race day adrenaline.

Ok cool. Have a link to the

Ok cool. Have a link to the Rockville site?

AND, I'm going to keep a lookout for you. I will be wearing my VFFs and dying on the hills. First the east coast humidity has been killing me and I don't do that many hill runs (whoops). But I'll crawl if I have to!

HalfofJess wrote:Ok

HalfofJess said:
Ok cool. Have a link to the Rockville site?

AND, I'm going to keep a lookout for you. I will be wearing my VFFs and dying on the hills. First the east coast humidity has been killing me and I don't do that many hill runs (whoops). But I'll crawl if I have to!

Ya, Annapolis is one hilly mutha of a run. Back in those neighborhoods it can get pretty rough. Last year I was injured and ran it anyway and still pulled out a 1:39 even with some short walks. I hope I can beat that this year.

Here is the Rockville site
http://www.mcrrc.org/
I thought they had a Forum there but maybe not.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7