Reviewed By: mokaman

picture-62.jpg

Date Reviewed: 05/15/2010
Review Type: Race
Barefoot Friendliness: 3 Average

Cravenridge Dr
Atlanta, GA
See map: Google Maps

My son and I had nice run at this race with barefooters April and Cameron, it is a low key event but still had 800 - 900 runners. My teenage son ran in Vibrams for the first 2 miles then barefoot the last bit.

Cameron (co-founder of BRS) was able to get on the microphone with the MC before the race and give a good plug for barefooting and BRS to the crowd. I saw one runner in Vibrams before the race, no other barefooters outside of our little group.

This race course was good decent pavement with a few rolling hills, we set out at a modest pace and held that thru out and still passed more than a few shod runners. Had runners here and there interested and asking questions about barefooting with really not much if any negative reactions. We all did a good sprint to the finish with the nice crowd cheering for us barefooters too! Finish time around 31 minutes or so estimated as this was a non chip timed race.

Definitely will consider doing this one again next year...a good low key race in middle of Atlanta metro area.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7