Best price on chia I have found

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
From my research, I found Amazon to have the best price on chia for the amount.

EDIT: BTW, if you purchase through this ad, or any Amazon ad on the site, the BRS gets a portion of the sale. There is nothing added to the price; we just get a little tiny bit of the original price.

ch-ch-ch-chia!!! 

ch-ch-ch-chia!!! :p

I just eat them whole.  They

I just eat them whole. They are great for keeping you hydrated, since they expand in your stomach to absorb liquid. They're also a good tool for weight loss/weight control as they make you feel full. Eat a small handful a half hour before you eat a meal, and you will end up eating less of that meal. Some people like to make iskiate or other drinks to pour them in, and they add all sorts of things like lemonade, honey, etc.

I was reading about chia

I was reading about chia seeds this morning. Trying to figure out if I want to buy some or not. I found an interesting warning somewhere about them. This particular warning said to be careful how many you consume when they have not been hydrated first for at least a half hour. It said chia seeds can expand quite a bit in the stomach making the person uncomfortable or possibly have a stomach ache. I have never heard anyone say this before, do you have to consume a lot of them for this to happen? I would imagine that it would also depend on how full your stomach already was. I know Mike makes iskiate, does anybody else do this and is it good? Everything I've read says that when chia seeds soak in moisture they produce a gel like substance, which kinda makes my stomach queasy just to think about. Am I blowing it out of proportion in my mind?

Yes.  I just take a small

Yes. I just take a small handful. Never had a problem. Oh, it also helps to make you regular, so you'll want to try it out on a non-run day, if you know what I mean. Otherwise it could be a run-run day. Ha!

Lol!  I would hate to have

Lol! I would hate to have the runs while running. Not fun I would imagine. Are they gas inducing? My wife would throw them all away if so. She says I'm gasy enough... Lol!

Gas-inducing.  Hmmmm.  Good

Gas-inducing. Hmmmm. Good question. Or are they just movement-inducing? Ha! I don't recall having gas after eating them. Others could chime in with their experiences though.

eating too much, no matter

eating too much, no matter how, will give stomach cramps. they absorb water and give off their gel. i believe this is the way they keep you hydrated as they slowly release that. a small handful sounds like a lot to me but you may be used to it. i am now drinking about 4 or 5 glasses a day. i bought a pitcher that i fill and then soak my seeds overnight. this gives them the best consistency. they look like frog eggs and taste great slurping through you lips and sliding down your throat.

tongue.png

serious. i like them to help with my energy. i barely needed one cup of green tea to help me wake up this morning. make sure to soak them overnight and add what you need to help them taste better. they do help you eat less as they have some protein and a lot of fiber. which is why you need to add them slowly to you diet or you may get cramping or pooping much more than you're used to. start with only a glass or one teaspoon a day for a week or two then start adding from there.

Nick, if you want i can just give you some to try.

migangelo wrote:they look

migangelo said:
they look like frog eggs and taste great slurping through you lips and sliding down your throat.

tongue.png

Mike I'll let Chaser hit this one out of the park. Way to easy and sounds horribly bad and funny. Lol!

For me Mike it's the consistency that is making me have a hard time trying them. Them producing a gel, while in water, does not sound appealing. I'm not saying it's bad because I have no idea, but the sound of it is unappealing. I saw on someones blog, chaser or nsdr, can't remember right of the top of my head, that they had honey chia water, which sounds much more palettable. I may have to try that and see.

that's how i make mine. i

that's how i make mine. i still imagine they feel like frog eggs sliding down your throat and are even more fun slurping them.

haha! i'm a pest.>)>-)  i

haha! i'm a pest.>)>-) :evil:

i don't like tapioca but i understand you can make it thick like udding if you want to soak them in a little bit of almond milk or such and then eat it. i drink mine and it looks like frog eggs. tasty.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7