Beer on marathon week?

NotSoDoomedRunner

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
So when you guys taper do you skip the beer? I decided to do that this week and had a beer last night. And have not had any tonight and it sucks. I love a beer or two in the evening and this is just stupid.

I don't tend to change much

I don't tend to change much of anything leading up to a race (except checking to make sure that I'm eating well). My theory is that I don't want to upset my system! (So, yeah, any regular beers stay on the menu.)

racing is one of the better

racing is one of the better reasons to drink beer. post race that is not before or during. are you asking during training? don't they say to train as you plan to race? if you want permission i'll give it to you. just don't think i trump your old lady. cheers.

Stop drinking at least 1

Stop drinking at least 1 hour before race time, you'll be ok.

LOL. I guess I was looking

LOL. I guess I was looking for people to say, "yeah, do it!" to show my wife and say SEEEE! But I probably would just get an eye roll like usual.

Life is too short...have your

Life is too short...have your beer and enjoy it!!!

what would she say if you

what would she say if you told her it's recommended, required of warriors, for serious athletes to not have sex in the weeks leading to competition? would that help you get some beer?

Okay. Grew the sack back and

Okay. Grew the sack back and got some beer. Just a couple tonight though. Sierra Nevada Celebration! So good!

First hops of the season!

First hops of the season! Celebration, Torpedo, such a difficult choice.

I checked my local hash

I checked my local hash group. And their sexual names are a bit odd. I'm not a prude or offended... but their front page has some dude that looks like he may have at one time been an inmate and then their names are pretty sexual... not exactly making me want to go alone into the woods with them... lol.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon