Barefoot team at the finish line - Munich 24 hours, June 7th

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
hey there,

BRS Germany had a BLAST in Munich, too much to write about in the couple minutes I have available atm, but I wanted to share the finish line video with you all (filmed by my wife with her mobile phone, and somehow degraded during the upload to youtube - I'll try to get a cleaner copy uploaded later). Check it out:

One highlight to watch for: Leni the Superdog drinking from the sponge bucket when the boss wasn't looking, lol! :D

AWESOME! You all looked great. I could see Jorn and Chelsea from their names on their shirts, but everyone else went by too fast for me. How many of you were there? I look forward to the report and pictures for the home page too, Willie, when you get a minute.

I would say. :cool:

jeepers, check out the race photos. This is just a sampling they put online while they work out the individual shots. I've never seen this kind of quality before, holy cow. There were high-speed cameras set up at quite a few places along the route, and especially in the BMW hall:

http://www.sportograf.com/bestof/1539/index.html

Btw, you'll notice a guy in a costume wo looks like a clown. Well, he's dressed up as "Pumuckl", a character from a very popular series of children's books in Germany. He's not from our group, but he runs barefoot (he's a genuine badass runner, and he run for a cause - will get more info on him later).

Another quick btw before I shut down for the night: the course was awesome, but quite tough for barefooters. It was very rough, stony pavement in many places. We were all hurting when we did that group stunt at the finish!

Can you give me an idea of what page(s) of the 63 to look at, to save me a little time?

TJ, it's picture 57 where we come in, and 63 featuring that guy in a costume mentioned earlier. There's also a group picture on FB, let's see if we can get that into here as well.

Cheers, Tofu

I saw the one on Facebook. Very cool. I plan to use that one in the article you guys give me for the home page. I'll check out the other photos now. Thanks.

Oh, and get that clown to join the BRS! Hee.

sorry bout that TJ - it was just a quick post after I'd clicked through the pics, and I was only pointing out the general quality of the photos, which I found mind-blowing. Here, the three in question:

Munich24hgroupfinishfotoser.pngMunich24individual1.pngPumuckl1.png

just thought of a little detail that really impressed me. The timing/lap counting was done with encoded paper strips desigen to be attached to shoelaces, no way to put them on bare feet. The organisers heard of our dilema and rustled up some really great velcro bands for all of us.

In fact, there was a LOT of talk about barefooting at the event.

Are those the D-tags you're talking about?

I hope the report you guys submit will talk about how this all came to be. I really want to read about that too, not just the event itself. It might spur some interest in other chapters to do the same thing.

Oh, and get that clown to join the BRS! Hee.
I´ve tried already, but he´s not interested. At least he had a lot of fun with us and we had a lot of fun with him.
He´s the single most accomplished barefoot runner in Germany. On this 24 hours race he managed to take a lot of breaks, run speed-laps in the middle of the night, drink a lot of beer and still run 128,6km. Barefoot! Can you believe it?

As for the race-report: Give us a little time, where already collecting pictures and are going to write something next week. Although Willie is leaking pictures and videos all the time already, there will be a comprehensive report :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts