Barefoot Running Video starring the very attractive runners of BRS-Minnesota!

saypay45

Chapter Presidents
May 24, 2010
One of BRS-Minnesota's members (Jill Zimmerman) made this video about barefoot running for a school project. The cast includes members of BRS-Minnesota that joined us for our October group run. It's very well made and worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJoMpsFB20Y

Sweet! She did a great job,

Sweet! She did a great job, thanks for shaing it SP!

I absolutely loved it!  I

I absolutely loved it! I think she did an awesome job with the video, the interviews, the background music, everything. Can she add subtitles with your names as you all are speaking, so everyone would know who is who?

Again, awesome job, you guys. Great work, Jill!

Subtitles would have been

Subtitles would have been cool, but I think most people watching who don't know us would be like, "So what?" And what do you even put as our titles. Christian Peterson, "What's Wrong with His Mouth?"; Katie Button-Swenson, "VP of Hotness"; Lyle Lange, "Wears Same Clothes to Every Group Run".

So what's wrong with those

So what's wrong with those subtitles? That'll work. It doesn't matter if people know you or not. You see names on other footage, and you don't know who they are. I was for sure the AW in you would have eaten that up.

Well TJ, since I broadcast it

Well TJ, since I broadcast it to every facebook fan page and blog I know within the first couple minutes of its post, I think I covered my AW bases :bigsmile:

lmao SP, I think that TJ has

lmao SP, I think that TJ has a good point. Typically, that sort of coverage has some sort of subtitle/name/title etc.

Though, have to ask...was I really sweating that much??? Guess I should have drank more nuun from your butt keg before the interview :p

Good job!! Great stuff for

Good job!! Great stuff for sharing!!

Awesome video! And the

Awesome video! And the reminder to be patient with yourself was just in time for me. I had just started to get a bit impatient/frustrated with myself this week. :p

Take it to heart Mike, it's

Take it to heart Mike, it's hard to be patient but soooo worth it. Take it from someone who get a bit impatient and ended up with a stress fracture ;) Plenty of time to get to where you want to be, might as well take it easy and learn what you can in the little steps it's taking to get you to your ultimate goal, now.

Matt wrote: I really enjoyed

Matt said:
I really enjoyed this. I like it much better than most of the news segments I've watched on barefoot runners.

Yeah but they totally missed the most important segment of any bf video. The podiatrist warning about the dangers of it even if they've never tried it or have done any real research on it. :p

Great video though :).

ajb422 wrote:Yeah but they

ajb422 said:
Yeah but they totally missed the most important segment of any bf video. The podiatrist warning about the dangers of it even if they've never tried it or have done any real research on it. :p Great video though :).
It's important that the fear mongering podiatrist talk about the thousands of barefoot runners they see in their office with horrible, debilitating injuries.

Yes, and if there was a

Yes, and if there was a podiatrist filmed in that segment, they would have been sure to classify "VFF/minimalist" running injuries as barefoot running injuries! Argh!

Has anyone posted this over at "that other forum" yet? If not, please do.

just did TJ, though it'd

just did TJ, though it'd probably be more suiting for SP to post it since I have't been over there in a looooong time. They're probably all like, who the hell is this zumba runner??

Ha!  I'm sure you guys put it

Ha! I'm sure you guys put it on your own FB page? How about adding it to the BRS's main FB page?

Great positive BFR video.

Great positive BFR video. Maybe the BRS should prepare press releases for T.V. stations so they don't have to be troubled with finding their own podiatrist to warn against BFRunning. We could have stock footage of a podiatrist praising the trend, along with a film like this one, making it much easier for the station to present the truth effortlessly.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7