Barefoot runner in Akron, Ohio

I've been lurking for a few months and should introduce myself.

I've only been truly barefoot since March 2011 though I had done some sporadic indoor barefoot runs over the winter. So, in May 2011, I ran my first marathon (Cleveland) and left the shoes at home. After that, there were a few shorter races and the Akron marathon.
This year I ran a 50k trail race (Fool's run) and 41.6 miles in a 52 mile race in invisible shoes. (50's for yo mama). Dead last and a DNF. (I build character like Mike Mentzer builds muscles :p)

The two best races were the ones where I ran for a time with other barefooters. Running has also led to beginning weight lifting and muay thai. Oh, and I may have lost about 60 pounds in the process.

Welcome! But.... you ran a BF marathon only 2 months after starting out BF???? :eek:

If you finished dead last, then in my book, you didn't DNF. You're still a winner! Welcome!

The 50k was dead last and the 52m was a 41.6 DNF. It still felt like a win.
As for the two months...There were a couple of sporadic barefoot runs on the indoor track at the Y over that first winter but two rude ladies complained and I'd rather play outside, anyway. Water shoes work fine in the snow.

Glad to have you here, Hanna!