Article: Catching Up By AlanT

Kittyk

Barefooters
May 14, 2010
I am so glad that you were able to be president of the BRS Canada Chapter. I think you are going to be pretty inspirational to all of us.

Good luck on everything and keep up the good work. Looking forward to hearing the race-report on the first BRS meet-up.

The story continues (and will continue for a long while, if I have anything to do about it) on my blog:

http://thwaits.wordpress.com/

Stay tuned.

Alan

Alan T, you really are a barefoot animal, man.....good on you. Your story is an inspiration.

Like I've said before, the Canadian barefooters gotta be the toughest of the tough, the gnarliest of the gnarly,

the beastiest of the beasts....you are all three, Alan.

I'm looking forward to the Tannenbaum 10k....I bet I'll be chasing you.

Jamie.

Hello Alan

Great story, thank you for sharing it with us.

Congratualtions on the race

Congratulations on the succesful treatment

Congratulations on getting back to running again

I am always happy to hear the stories of those taking on cancer and kickin it in its 'nards as they say.Too may of my friends and family have been affected and I lost my mother to it 5 yrs ago which in turn led me to start running again .

You are an inspriation - good luck for the Tannebaum - please let us know how you get on!!

Thank you, harrino, for your kind words and support.

One of the most moving things about cancer is how it connects us all. It's not a happy fact, but often something we can draw strength from.

You'll definitely see a race report of the Tannenbaum 10K here.

Alan

Cancer isn't sh*t, just something that happens, and that we have to deal with. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but the truth is that I've learned a lot from having cancer, about myself (that I'm stronger than I thought I was) and about other people (that they're much kinder than I ever thought possible).

Thank you for saying "keep going." That's exactly what it's all about!

Alan

Thank you Alan for sharing your story. Your strength and your light shines through your words. You are yet another great example of how adversity can strengthen an individual. For someone who has been through what you have to say that "cancer isn't sh*t, just something that happens" instead of speaking negatively about it, is just really telling of the sort of person you must be.

Also, that picture of you should be framed somewhere. Tatoo, Beard, bandana, barechested and barefooted you look like a bad@$$ mf'er and the effect is obviously not lost on the out of shape dudes watching from the sideline. It was the picture that made me click on the article. Thank you.

That picture is framed, and has pride of place on my "Wall of Fame" in my home gym/treadmill room.

In fact, I'm just a rather shy, mild-mannered old guy. But I like the look - I guess it shows something of the inner me. :)

Alan

Heck yeah it does!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts