Airlines may not allow barefoot.

The Wall Street Journal had an article today regarding things that may not be allowed on airlines.
There was a list of things Delta may not allow, barefeet was number two.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204781804577267304080904804.html

s-exercise.png

I flew to Germany last summer. I wore huaraches and thought I could just walk through security. They made me take them off and put them in the bucket. Once on the plane I was barefoot, walking up and down the isles and nobody said anything. This was on Condor.

Dabnabit! My hubby works for Delta! I used to work there too.

Once you're on the plane, just tell them you have a blister, and you have to take your shoes off. Of course, if you want to do the righteous thing, then put up a fuss. May not get you on the plane however. :(

I got to keep my shoes off when I flew back from Florida after having the cryosurgery, but that's because I had cryosurgery. I really couldn't wear shoes at that time.

I flew Delta last summer to Sacramento and no one said anything about me taking my huaraches off and walking around barefoot. Maybe it was too short of a flight???

I walked through security with my VFFs on the last couple of flights I've taken! The security thought I was barefoot to start with (my VFFs are orange) and then just thought they were cool when they saw them up close. Always either in socks or bare as soon as I'm in my seat though!

Ha, so they thought you were barefoot. "Oh he's barefoot. No need to remove the footwear, sir, just come on through."

I flew barefoot a few times last summer. Got a few comments like "Be careful where you step" and such from both security and flight crew members but not a word about shoes being required. Granted, this was all on domestic flights in Sweden and the security people aren't anywhere near as paranoid here as they seem to be in the US.

I always take my shoes off on anything more than an hour.

I put them back on to go to the bathroom though!

Had a discussion last year when boarding Air Berlin from Vienna to Berlin, Captain would not let me onto the plane without shoes. Showed him my VFFs in the backback, that was enough. Didn't put them on though. Funny enough same airline three days before no problems without shoes.

Same issue boarding Iberia in Tenerife, would not let me on board. Again no problem the other direction. Really depends on the crew and the amount of discussion you're willing to have.

So, as long as you have shoes, that's all that matters to them, not that you actually are wearing them. Silly policies.

Perhaps the Captain hushed up after you showed him your VFFs 'cuz he never saw anything like that before and truly thought at that point you were crazy. Ha!

There is a reason or so they tell me. On a long haul flight, I tend to settle into my seat, take my shoes off and get ready to go. I've been asked to put my shoes back on just for take off "to make sure you don't damage your feet in the event of an evacuation".

As if that's going to be my main concern when faced with imminent fiery death?

Sure wouldn't want any possibility of suing the airline for foot injuries while making an emergency escape. :rolleyes:

How religious are people about this? I try to go bf as much as I can, but if I'm travelling (planes/trains/automobiles etc.), I tend to stay shod, as much for convenience as anything else.

Hmm, in case of evacuation all the usual documentation tells you that you should take off your shoes when leaving the airplane.

Only if you're wearing high heels.

So those minimal stilettos Chaser Williams favours are out.

Reactions: BFwillie_g

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts