Achilles pain, again......

mcgyverdc

Barefooters
Apr 23, 2013
I'm posting this from another site on the recommendation of a member.
"here's the jist of how I got here. Began minamist running last april, very very slow progression up to 3x week, 3 miles per run, no pain. Took 12 weeks to get to that. started to add miles, did one run 6 miles included some hills, pain in achilles/calfs, that was Oct. Rested for 2 weeks with some ice/ stretching, heels felt fine, couple hundred yards into the run, pain in the heels again, ran through it (3-4 miles) iced stretched, ran again in a week, same senario. Now it was hard to walk upon awakening. Took the winter off (3 months) thinking needed time to heal. Now no pain in am or with walking, but with even light run chasing after kids, I feel that burn in heels/achilles that lasts. I'd love to start running again but feel that I've really messed up the achilles/calves....any suggestions?"" no it's about 1" up from the heel in the achilles tendon. I'm running in Merrell trail gloves, very comfortable, never had blisters ect, arches feel great, no top of the foot pain at all. I'm wondering if I'll have to quit this minimalist running for good...." "
Thanks, it definitely started with that one hill run over 6 months ago. Problem is even with "starting" (few hundred steps) it flairs back up again! even with months off! I think i will start to try to strengthen before running and see if that helps" "
Nope, running at 180 cadence , fast short stride pace. Problem is where I live there will be no one that understands the minamilist stride..... anyone online that does evaluations of stride from video?"

The pain is not at all related to the plantar fascia and centralizes where the soleus/gastroc transition into the Achilles tendon (about 1.5 - 2" up from calcaneus) I'm unsure how to proceed...stretching with strengthen before I begin running?