Why I quit running.

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
My wife started running again in May a couple of months after having our third child. It has now come to my attention that she is capable of running faster than me while pushing two kids in a stroller with a dog and another child on a bike next to her. Seriously WTF? So I am officially quitting running and sticking with benching and deadlifting. There is no way she can get better than me at those right?

Suck it up Abide! Lol! We all

Suck it up Abide! Lol! We all have different things we are better at than others. This is like my wife saying she doesn't want to run because I run faster than her or she doesn't want to go to the gym with me because I know what I'm doing and she doesn't. I really hate that attitude and it gets people no where except quittersville. Not saying you are a quitter, I just hate this type of attitude. My wife uses these types of things as excuses and it drives me insane.

Maybe getting pregnant is

Maybe getting pregnant is what helps.
wink_smile.gif

He's 5 and good point

He's 5 and good point Palouse, I should get her pregnant again to help my ego.

Nick for the record I am mostly being sarcastic. I'm not really quitting running, I'm just jealous of her superhuman powers.

For the record I run slower, without pushing anything and all I get for my efforts are injuries and a beer gut? It's just not fair.

Just punch her square in the

Just punch her square in the mouth.* Or be a real man and run faster. We cant let a female be superior to us in any way shape form or fashion! In fact, what is she doing outside of the kitchen anyways? Unless its going to buy food then you need to set her straight.* Theres no way in hell I would let my wife out do me in anything except for cooking and cleaning, and thats only because those are her jobs. Oh, and rearing children, thats her job too....*

*Please dont actually do this as Im being completely sarcastic, the fact that I have to put this disclaimer on this kind of makes me worry about what I think about what other people think I think about. Great, now my brains are hurted again....

Ok, I gave this some more

Ok, I gave this some more thought. Your wife being faster than you says a LOT more about her running than about yours. She is doing incredibly well, not sure if I'll ever run as fast as my husband. So there is nothing better you can do than to become her greatest admirer. Give credit where credit is due. You are one lucky guy to have a wife who takes such excellent care of herself. :)

Chaserwilliams wrote:*Please

Chaserwilliams said:
*Please dont actually do this as Im being completely sarcastic, the fact that I have to put this disclaimer on this kind of makes me worry about what I think about what other people think I think about. Great, now my brains are hurted again....

Dude WTF? Why did you have to pick my thread to be serious for the first time in your life?

Agreed Palouse I am her

Agreed Palouse I am her biggest supporter, no worries there.

I'm just venting about my own inadequacies to get some classic quotes from Chaser :)

Abide wrote:Chaserwilliams

Abide said:
Chaserwilliams said:

Dude WTF? Why did you have to pick my thread to be serious for the first time in your life?

Ive been serious before! There was that one time I had that heart attack, I was serious then!

And that one time I had a

And that one time I had a "Sirius" radio. That was Serisouly some Sirius serisouness right then... Serisouly.

Just be passive aggressive.

Just be passive aggressive. If she asks you to go get some milk or something from the store, say "why? You are faster, you go." That's how I handle my marriage. Anyone who says marriage is not a war is a liar. But then again, I equate everything to war.

Who's got the 'cans in the

Who's got the 'cans in the family now? Sounds like you are MANSTRATING or going through postpartum. Why don't you push the running stroller for awhile and work off some of that sympathy weight? You might become a faster runner.

Thanks guys, I think I should

Thanks guys, I think I should just call the wahmbulance. You barefoot runners are the least empathetic people I have ever known...

Speaking of weight I was contemplating how much I would have to lose to qualify for Boston. I came up with 40lbs. and I would have to become a serious runner. Forget that Boston's overated anyway.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts