Who doesn't follow a "cookie cutter" training program?

Yes, Burt - the 3.3 mile race

Yes, Burt - the 3.3 mile race was barefoot. And in a halloween costume.

I finished in the middle of the pack for that marathon. I wasn't straggling towards the back with everyone worried about my health. That 5:24 of mine was a solid, average finish for that course. It wasn't "technical", but it wasn't on woods roads, either. Here are the results, if you want to take a look-see for yourself.

http://www.gaconline.net/scres10.html

Adam - there's a lot of stopping and ducking under things, climbing over things, etc. So it's not like I was plugging along at a 12 minute mile the whole time. When running, I ran faster. I just had to slow to barely moving pretty regularly.

Next year I am going to try

Next year I am going to try and PR and hopefully get a 4 hour or better marathon time. Ambitious but doable I think for me.

I just run with a loose schedule. Three times a week with some speed, hills, and a long run with increasing distance.

I just can't stay focused to do an intense plan. Maybe that will change in the future. I wish you luck though Adam!!

My first marathon was just to

My first marathon was just to have fun and finish. I did not push for time but had a blast. Did a lot of hi5s, looking around just took it all in. If you stick to a schedual you are way more likely to over train.

Remember recovery time is more important than the schedual.

Take the time to recover. When you think you are a supper hero and can push through another run, that is when you are most likly to get injured.

It is the harder, almost impossible to take that day off just when you are in a peak training period.

If it feels like work don't do it.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7