Wearing the BRS shirt

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
I ran a 5k on Sunday and wore my new BRS shirt for the first time at a race. The shirts seem well built and roomy, which I like. I'm not a fan of skin tight shirts unless warmth is the goal.

My favorite observation was the number of people who read the shirt and immediately looked down at my feet. I think normally people aren't in the habit of looking at feet very often but when you're wearing the shirt you'll get the looks.

It led to more conversations then normal, of course everyone has to recommend VFF's and Born to Run, when one guy suggested a "book about Mexican barefoot Indians" I laughed and told him I'd look into it. Another guy told me that the guy who "wrote the book on barefoot running" is from his hometown in PA, he couldn't remember his name, I asked him if the guys name was TJ, he said no. Isn't Chris M. from PA? Maybe he was talking about Born to run (which I don't consider a barefoot running book but that's for another thread...)

So, in summary, when you wear the BRS shirt expect more intrigue.

Chris M. does live and run in

Chris M. does live and run in PA, in Amish country. Rodale is nearby in Emmaus, PA and he writes for their publications, but I don't know if he actually has an office or anything.

I wish I could get a shirt, but the women's 2XL is made for a body smaller than the men's S, so I know even the XXL would not fit me at all (isn't that effin' ridiculous?). And I refuse to wear men's cut. I need to get another form of barefoot swag to wear around.

Sorry about that, J.  Zum,

Sorry about that, J. Zum, could you write to Zazzle, and please ask them to add larger sizes?

Thanks for being a BRS walking billboard. That is so cool!

One thing about the shirts,

One thing about the shirts, they are wider in the body than I am used to. I've found that tech shirts always vary, I always get large and I have some I swim in and some that are too small. The wider body isn't too big a deal, I just have to tuck it in.

They have several different

They have several different cuts, so you might have been able to get a thinner cut with a different type. Does that make sense?

Barefoot TJ wrote:Sorry

Barefoot TJ said:
Sorry about that, J. Zum, could you write to Zazzle, and please ask them to add larger sizes?

Thanks for being a BRS walking billboard. That is so cool!

What would they add? If the women's 2XL is smaller than the men's small, I woud probably have to wear a 6X or something in their sizing matrix. It's ridiculous. I weigh 200 pounds - I am big, but not that big. Maybe they need to add an XXS and size everything up so that it's more standard? It's the ALO shirts that they use. Maybe it's a Japanese company?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts