VFF kso or bikila or komodo?

addic

Barefooters
Dec 16, 2011
I wanted to buy my first VFF pair,is there any diffrence bettween vibram kso and bikila or komodo?Usually i run at roads and rarely at gravel.At normal shoes i wear US11-UK10 1/2-EU 45.At vibram its the same size as normal or i must take them 1 or 2 number less?

Just for running I would go

Just for running I would go with the KSO's. The bikilia's are built-up to much, imo. I just got the Komodo's a month ago and I love them. They are meant to be Vibrams all around cross-fit/activity shoe, but I find them very comfortable even for running. They do not have the ground feel of the KSO's though.

I also have the Komodo sport

I also have the Komodo sport and love them for running. As for sizing, some models of the vff's size different. My foot measured 11 1/8", I normally would wear a 11 1/2 shoes, and wound up getting a 45 in the Komodo. I found that it feels a little large, but I got them that way in so I could wear toe socks in them. If I was strictly going sockless in them I would have gotten a 44. The best thing to do is find a store where you can try them on and base your size from there.

The problem is none of my

The problem is none of my stores at my city got vff(my city got 40.000,town is the right word),only if they order them from my capital city or i have to travel at my capital city to find the right store to buy them,thats why i`m asking

Sizing on these are tricky

Sizing on these are tricky IMO. If you cant make the trip to try them on first, I'd check the return policy of the place your buying from. My closest dealer is about an hour away (an outdoor sporting goods store) but I was going there for other things as well anyhow.

Sizing for me varies alot by brand. I think most of my running shoes are between 9.5 to 10.5 US. For VFF I first bought Komodos and the foot measure thingy told me I was a 40, but they were too tight. 41 fit well. That was for bare feet in the shoe. When winter came around recently I got some Injinji toe socks. The 41's were snug even bf and only the lightweight liner Injinjis would fit ok. I ordered Bikila LS in a 42 and can wear all the Injinji including the wool ones. But the toes are actually just a little loose in the ends.

Between the Komodo and Bikila I cant really tell a difference. I've never had the KSO so can't compare those. I havent run in the Bikila bf but with thin liner socks in each it feels like the Bikila have maybe just a hair less cusion? IDK they are too close to tell for sure.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7