Very humbling and makes me appreciate what I have

A friend of mine from the Army had gotten wounded in Iraq about two years after I got out of the Army (he was wounded in 2007). He just had some members of the Seattle Seahawks come and visit him as an appreciation for his service. To see the video of him now damn near makes me cry. It's very humbling and makes me appreciate how lucky I was and what I have now that much more. I am glad to see it looks like he still has the infectious laugh and smile that he had before. Hoping I get to see him next month when I am in his hometown, but not sure how much of his memory was damaged and if he even remembers who I am...
http://www.swxrightnow.com/global/v...hPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=11022242

Wow, he really has come along way, Nick. Tell him "thanks" from the BRS when you see him, please.

Reactions: jldeleon
Lots of wounded vets coming home here as well Nick, makes me glad that my dad retired in one piece.

Goold luck to your friend, hope he has a good recovery

Ya, I'm glad I came home in one piece, relatively speaking. I lost a friend and several others that I knew and had several get blown up and survive. I currently have a cousin of mine who is over in Afghanistan and I pray everyday that he comes home better than I did. I have my doubts though as I am the only family member that he feels he can talk to about stuff that happens over there... In any case, I wish we could just be done with all the wars and our guys and gals could come home.