Typical weekend

mandytheartist

Barefooters
Feb 16, 2012
Sudbury, MA
What's a typical weekend like for you? For Steph and I:

Saturday:
Get up about 8, eat breakfast, shower and head over to Fresh Pond, I run the 5 mile race. We return home and hang around until about 3ish until Steph has to get to Dilboy Stadium (Somerville) for her game, (if it's a home game), they kick off at 7, I cheer her on, after the game we head home, and fall into bed.

Sunday:
I get up about 8 go for my morning run. When I get back I shower, and we head to Harvard Sq. to go to church (UU). Afterwards, we go to brunch. And return home to lounge around. (and usually study)

Sounds like a nice weekend.

For me, weekends vary. Activities can range from working (I'm an independent consultant, so sometimes I work on the weekends so I can play around during the week) to backpacking or running or long bike rides to tooling around Pacifica (CA) or lounging around reading and doing absolutely nothing. Variety, it appears, is the spice of life (though until recently, I always thought it was Paprika.)

[As an aside, thanks to Click and Clack, whenever I see a reference to Cambridge (or in this case, Harvard Square), my mind interjects "Our fair city"]

RP

Weekends are pretty much the same every weekend for me. Saturdays I get up with the little boy and when mommy gets up I go to the pre-calculus tutor and spend about 5 hours there trying to understand this useless math. Then I come home and work on other homework if my son is still napping or if he is awake I play with him and visit with the wife for a bit. Around 4:30-5pm I start cooking dinner (yes I do most of the cooking). After dinner it's more family time until we put my son to bed around 8ish, then I either start more homework or the wife and I get to have some us time and get to watch one of our shows on the dvr. Sundays are a family packed day as we get up, spend time with each other. By noon we are driving the 40 minutes down to my inlaws to spend the afternoon and early evening with them. We get home at night around 7:30 usually. About 8 we get my son ready for bed and then I take a test for an online class and do homework for that class. Can't wait till I'm done with school. Writing this all out I just realized how much time I actually use studying over the weekends.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon