Teva Zilch for relatively cheap!

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
Coincidentally, due to my now damaged nerves in the balls of my feet (thank you shoes!), I ordered some of these after talking to my buddy Angie. They should be here tomorrow! They are normally $80, but I found a coupon for $8 off at www.retailmenot.com (always check there before buying anything online; they've saved me bunches). I got free shipping and paid no tax. I could have paid less elsewhere, but I didn't like the color choices.

I looked into these at REI and they didn't have my size so I tried on the ones one full size bigger. Way to big for me. Maybe they will get some in my size soon because I would like these as well.

Coincidentally, due to my now damaged nerves in the balls of my feet (thank you shoes!), I ordered some of these after talking to my buddy Angie. They should be here tomorrow! They are normally $80, but I found a coupon for $8 off at www.retailmenot.com (always check there before buying anything online; they've saved me bunches). I got free shipping and paid no tax. I could have paid less elsewhere, but I didn't like the color choices.

TJ, let me know how those sandals work for you I have been interested on those sandals for quite sometime.
Are you planning on usding them for running?

I am excited, Ms. Dama. I just got them about an hour ago, and I have been wearing them ever since. I actually cried when I saw them at the front door, damn shipping takes forever! Hee. I have had such high hopes for these. I just long to "get out there" again so bad. As you know the nerves in the balls of my feet and toes are shot, so although I can walk barefoot nearly everywhere (with some more time and conditioning, even better I'm sure), running barefoot may be a long time off, if ever. (Can you imagine? Me? sigh. I guess why not me.) My hopes are that these will provide enough padding in the forefoot that I can run without feeling like I am running on the bones in my feet and stop some of those what would have been a normal "step on something sharp" feeling from becoming a "I think I just cut my toe off" feeling. (Funny though. Shoes are what screwed me. And shoes may be what "save" me. Or... I should say the wrong types of shoes are what screwed me, and the right types of shoes are what may save me.)

So far, they are mega comfy. I love the foot bed. It feels like suede, so soft. The straps are very thin, but I'm sure strong too. The straps also feel like they are made of some type of soft material. There's enough thickness in the sole to deafen the signals to the nerves (Did I just say all that?!), the opposite of what barefooters desire. They are extremely light and very flexible. And they fit me perfectly. I was sure to get the exact-right size because I would have hated to have to return them and wait any longer for another pair, and from what Angie said in her review and talking to her was that if she had gotten the right size first, she wouldn't have given them a so-so, kinda crummy review. Once she got the size right, all the problems she had complained about, the biggest being rubbing, went away.

I can't wait to try them out tonight! I'll let you know my second opinions after that.

Reactions: NickW
They sound like a good purchase for you so far. Do you think they'll be good for running?
I just started to run this week but I am running in shoes because my podiatrist doesn't want me to barefoot run yet so I thought the sandals are a better choice than shoes. I don't read blogs but I am going to find Angie's blog and see what she had to say about them.
Keep me posted please.

omg dang now they're $54.95 in the link I posted above, they were like $43 yesterday.

Yes, I got these in hopes they would let me run. Didn't they cut the extra boney part off the top of your foot, Dama? If so, make sure the Zilch doesn't have any straps that would rub there.

Yes, I got these in hopes they would let me run. Didn't they cut the extra boney part off the top of your foot, Dama? If so, make sure the Zilch doesn't have any straps that would rub there.

Good point TJ, does the strap sit right on top of your foot? right on the middle? If it does then they(sandals) won't be a good choice for me.

Here's what they look like. Maybe you can gauge where your foot will line up? Do you have a picture of where they took the boney part out?

PIRBK.jpg

I don't have a pic of my actual foot but this is what it was removed and it looks like the strap will sit right on top.

Image: doctorsfootnotes.blogspot.com

At first, I thought, "Geez, what did that surgery do to poor Dama's beautiful feet!" Ha!

I wouldn't risk it with the Zilch, Dama. It looks like you would have the same problem with the Unshoe or any huarache that uses this over the top strapping method. If I think of something else, I'll let you know.

Hahaha funny as usual TJ and thanks for your input, you're right about all those sandals I need to avoid anything that puts pressure on top of the foot as I run the risk of that "thing" returning.

omg what is that "thing" in the pic above??

Why did it happen though? What makes someone's foot all of a sudden grow a bone spur there?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts