Road Trip

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Since returning from FL a week ago today it's been cold, windy, and wet every single day.
I did hit the gym treadmill once this past week (as a celebrity barefoot runner that now practicaly OWNS the place!), but I was really ready for an outdoor run today. Forcast was for partial sun and 50's, which was a lot better than yesterday's graupel, so I was stoked.
As the morning progressed the forcast deteriorated, and at one point more graupel or sleet or ice pellets or snow... WHO CARES what it was started moving in. Meanwhile, the forcasters were busy revising and saying that we wouldn't get out of the thirties, and probably wouldn't see the sun until just before sunset, while 75 miles south of MY home Toledo OH would see sun and low 60's.
WTF, I get over 30 mpg in my car, and had nothing else planned, so even when a few local barefooters were unavailable for the trip due to prior commitments (as was my wife) I figured I'd give it a shot.
Radar detector firmly suction cupped in place, I made it in under an hour. Had a great sunny run, stayed pretty much around Fifth Third Field where the Mudhens were playing, and really enjoyed the experience. Felt like I had just took another vacation, until I returned home where it was 40 degrees and cloudy again just like when I had left.
Now I know what it feels like to have access to a private jet! Don't like the weather, just take the hour or two it takes to leave it behind.
One day..............

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Stoked? Really now? I guess you have just come back from Florida. Or you've been hanging out with your kids again. Oh, and that access to a private jet, Scott has. He just can't afford the fuel to fly the damn thing!

Reactions: OdiarAmor
Well, that, and maybe he should learn how to fly it first. Ha!

My son flys the 727 tomorrow morning for the first time. Plenty of fuel burn in that old thing!

Yes, but he's not paying the bill. ;)