picture-801.jpg

Date Reviewed: 07/20/2011
Review Type: Trail
Barefoot Friendliness: 5 Poor

Trexler Nature Preserve / Lehigh Valley Zoo
Orchard Street
Schnecksville, PA
See map: Google Maps

The Quadzilla is a very challenging 15K trail race. Lots of stone on the trail. Some of it's natural, mostly sharp, shale and some of it's crushed stone. I was fine in my VFF Bikilas, but I guess someone could do it BF if they were very well adapted. (Much better than I am!) Some areas with roots and short stumps, but they were all easy enough to take in stride, except for the one I tripped on at about mile 1.

The hills in the back half were LONG and very steep. Based on their time, I assume the winners ran them, but I could hardly walk the last few. (As I wrote elsewhere, the hills were so steep that I had to close my eyes on the downhills.)

Organisation and amenities were all good to very good and likely to just improve next year.
The winners ran it in 1:03:40 (men) (6:48 / mile!!!) And 1:24:04 (women)(9:05 / mile). In my age group, 50-59, a guy named Swamp Feinauer ran it in 1:24:24. Wow!

I ran it in 1:48:50, which means I ran 11:42 / mile. I must have been running really well when I ran, because I felt like I did a whole lot of walking up those hills!

Aside from the terrain, the course was stunningly beautiful. I think I only looked up twice to appreciate it.

I look forward to trying myself against this course again next year. ( Scheduled July 15, 2012 )

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7